First Man (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/damie ... 201949407/
Oscar-nominated director Damien Chazelle and his “La La Land” star Ryan Gosling are officially set to reteam on Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong biopic “First Man” for Universal Pictures.

Chazelle is directing a script by Oscar-winning “Spotlight” scribe Josh Singer. Previously reports said that Gosling was the choice for the role but at the time a script was still being written and no formal offer had been delivered.

Sources now tell Variety that a deal is closed for Gosling to star and it is likely that the film will shoot in early 2017.
The pic is based on James Hansen’s biography “First Man: A Life Of Neil A. Armstrong” and tells the story of NASA’s mission to land a man on the moon, focusing on Neil Armstrong and the years 1961-1969. A visceral, first-person account, the movie will explore the sacrifices and the cost — on Armstrong and on America — of one of the most dangerous space missions in history. Chazelle boarded the pic in 2015 after it had originated at Warner Bros. with Clint Eastwood planning to direct in produce. Temple Hill partners Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen are producing.

yes

Chazelle shoots for the Moon, literally.

Really looking forward to this, Chazelle is next level

I'll go ahead and predict that this is the film where Chazelle really starts to feel some backlash re: female characters. Its already starting to bubble up with La La Land (not enough/too late to hurt the movie though). I mean this is literally called The First Man.

id suck this ass

Boxer35 wrote:I'll go ahead and predict that this is the film where Chazelle really starts to feel some backlash re: female characters. Its already starting to bubble up with La La Land (not enough/too late to hurt the movie though). I mean this is literally called The First Man.
What kind of backlash is he facing with La La Land? One of the leads is a female, her roomates that have a big song are all female.. And that lead is a frontrunner for Best Picture... What backlash are you on about?

Also, its about Neil Armstrong.. you know the "first man" on the moon. Not everything is about misogyny and sexism.

Starts shooting in February... holy shit could it be ready by the end of 2017?

fenwayconnor wrote:
Boxer35 wrote:I'll go ahead and predict that this is the film where Chazelle really starts to feel some backlash re: female characters. Its already starting to bubble up with La La Land (not enough/too late to hurt the movie though). I mean this is literally called The First Man.
What kind of backlash is he facing with La La Land? One of the leads is a female, her roomates that have a big song are all female.. And that lead is a frontrunner for Best Picture... What backlash are you on about?

Also, its about Neil Armstrong.. you know the "first man" on the moon. Not everything is about misogyny and sexism.
The title is sexist, regardless of the intention.£

Master Virgo wrote:The title is sexist, regardless of the intention.£
Fine.

The First 'Man

Problem solved.