First Man (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
Chazelle revealed to Digital Spy earlier this year that the tone of First Man will be quite dark, explaining: "We're approaching it as a thriller to try to get at how insane and death-defying everything was. We live in a world now where we take it for granted that people did that in the '60s in these kinds of fly-by-wire machines before modern computers were even a thing, that we somehow sent people off to the moon and had them come back. It's trying to get at the psychology of what it takes to do something like that – the near-crazy mentality you have to have to be Neil Armstrong, to be the first man on the moon."

Hype!

I'm here for Claire Foy; that girl be going places. But in all seriousness, I'm fascinated Chazelle is taking this direction. He knows how to create extraordinary yet raw tension as shown in Whiplash, so I'm curious to see how he applies it to something with a bigger scale.

BlairCo wrote:I'm here for Claire Foy; that girl be going places.
She is places lol.

Man, I went from being disappointed that Damien was doing a biopic for award season to being absolutely thrilled that he's turning it completely on its head on a visual, story, and sonic level. Fuck. Yes.

Request to change thread title to "Boner Jams 18'".

Nolan62 wrote:
February 24th, 2018, 3:23 pm
I hope he will tackle this project after this one : https://movieweb.com/fox-acquires-70s-s ... -chazelle/
Doubt it. That article is from 2014 and it's already announced that he's on board to direct some episodes for a Netflix original musical soon, AND he's set for writing and directing a whole season for another project with Apple, for a 2019 release.