⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:05 pm
Good. Basically Star Wars slot! Have that Jan/Feb 2021 all clear to secure the sequel!

Also, fuck, the wait was already hard. :cry:
Yeah and it has to compete with Uncharted, West Side Story and Coming 2 America. I figure at least Coming 2 America will move?
Other than that, it actually makes sense they're going for the December slot. Other than Uncharted I don't think there's any other spectacle that month or the one/two months after that, hopefully plenty of room for it to make some money

Also that set photo looks cool, nice that they built so much of it. Can't wait to see the entire Ornithopter design.

Also @m4st4: any possibility you saved that Dune logo which got removed? If you have it, could you PM me pls

m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 5:41 am
This might be the official logo:

Wait, you don’t see this? I’m on my mobile and it’s still on.

oh it does work now! cool cool

what's the source btw? from set or something?

I honestly don’t even know for sure since I follow a lot of Dune twitter accounts. Apparently someone from Legendary had it. But could be they’re still working on marketing.

I cannot wait for this omg

Could we get a trailer in December with Star Wars? Imagine...

Would be such a boss move, to attach the teaser trailer to Star Wars which has gotten so much inspiration from Dune lol

Other than that, it would be a great idea to attach the teaser to Star Wars IX. It's going to make at least $1 Billion and the demography is also the right one. As of now I highly doubt if they're really going to make this film rated R. Even though I would love it, I'm afraid it might hurt the box office too much.

Nomis wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 1:56 pm
Would be such a boss move, to attach the teaser trailer to Star Wars which has gotten so much inspiration from Dune lol

Other than that, it would be a great idea to attach the teaser to Star Wars IX. It's going to make at least $1 Billion and the demography is also the right one. As of now I highly doubt if they're really going to make this film rated R. Even though I would love it, I'm afraid it might hurt the box office too much.
But does it have to be R? Currently re-reading the book and it feels like edgy PG-13, a la what Nolan did in TDK. It can be done imo.

Doubt this is rated "R" with the money WB is spending.

m4st4 wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 8:32 pm
Nomis wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 1:56 pm

But does it have to be R? Currently re-reading the book and it feels like edgy PG-13, a la what Nolan did in TDK. It can be done imo.
true true

TDK was rated 16+ back then in my country, which is the equivalent of R in the states. Either way, I think I can picture Dune being a hard PG-13.

@radewart: that's also true