⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 5:11 am
A possible IMAX version?

I guess? Looks like open-gate. 2049 also got an IMAX 1.90 version but I do wonder why they didn't do that for the blu-ray. Could be an IMAX thing because they want to release new blu-rays with that stamp on it or something so... Perhaps we'll get to see 2049 in the 1.90 aspect ratio at home too.

I can't see it well enough but I think the ISO states 160 in that photo?

They better remove that cloud in post lolll

@m4st4: I'm definitely going to re-read the first book close upon release. I just really want to picture the cast in their film costumes and such.

Probably because scope is Deakins' preferred version. To my understanding, since BR2049 was filmed with the Alexa and was only "formatted for IMAX" and not actually filmed with their cameras, they don't have control over it - unlike Infinity War and Endgame. So it was probably up to RD and DV (and the studio).

But yeah I truly hope the whole Sony and IMAX Enhanced deal results in the release of IMAX Enhanced BR2049 on UHD Blu-ray.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 9:52 am
Probably because scope is Deakins' preferred version. To my understanding, since BR2049 was filmed with the Alexa and was only "formatted for IMAX" and not actually filmed with their cameras, they don't have control over it - unlike Infinity War and Endgame. So it was probably up to RD and DV (and the studio).

But yeah I truly hope the whole Sony and IMAX Enhanced deal results in the release of IMAX Enhanced BR2049 on UHD Blu-ray.
Yeah I guess that is why. I hope Dune will be finished in 4K (like 2049 was). Gone Girl was finished in 5K iirc. Guess that still gives some more advantages/freedom than 4K?

Nomis wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 10:19 am
Yeah I guess that is why. I hope Dune will be finished in 4K (like 2049 was). Gone Girl was finished in 5K iirc. Guess that still gives some more advantages/freedom than 4K?
I hope so too. Gone Girl was shot in 6k, but framed for 5k (center extraction) and finished in 4k. I guess the main advantage is framing in post which Fincher likes to do.

https://www.provideocoalition.com/behin ... gone-girl/

Man, I remember reading a similar article on Gone Girl in 2-3 years ago in class instead of focusing on whatever the instructor told us to do lol. Very informative and mind blowing,

Well the article says that re-framing is particularly handy for VFX in the shots but that they just extract a 5K image from the 6K footage, not necessarily re-framing it all.

Anyway, I'm just really curious at the look of the film and what new things they tried out and such.

But Fincher does like to re-frame in post. He also likes to stitch up different takes to capture the right performances. He’s so meticulous.

I’m excited to see how Dune will look. But I gotta admit, I’m not sure how it’ll turn out since his best looking films were with Deakins. We can rave about BR2049 and Sicario all day but I was really surprised by how good Prisoners looked.

Arrival is good too. Enemy? I’m not sure.

Well those Deakins shot films were not only good because of him tho lol

Yeah Prisoners was beautiful too.

I didn't care much for Enemy at first but I might give it another try. I still think Incendies is Villeneuve's best work, sort of tied with 2049 :P

Polytechnique and Maëlstrom are aight.

Fingers crossed for a teaser trailer a year before release or before the year is out.

Been wanting to see Incendies but I had a hard time finding it with English subs.
Polytechnique and Maëlstrom... never heard of them before :oops:

November 2020 is so far away.

Oh you should be able to find those subs... I did as well.

Check those others films out. August 32nd on Earth didn't do much for me tbh.