⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dobson wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 4:11 pm
Then I don't understand what you're trying to achieve here by complaining about it constantly
WTF? Who's complaining? I'm just defending my reasons of what is keeping me from attempting the book and responding to people who are all getting up in arms and bitching about it and to a smart ass who I think is troll baiting me.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime LEXX said wtf in all caps.

Dave Bautista talks a bit more on Dune.
You’re in Denis Villeneuve’s Dune next year. Tell me a bit about that.

I’m playing Glossu Rabban and initially, I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it at all. I actually went to my first costume fittings and my makeup tests. I asked Denis I was like, “Who is this? Tell me about this character?” He said something that'll forever stay with me. He goes, “Let me dream about it tonight and then tomorrow I'll tell you,” that's what he said. He was completely serious. Then he came back the next day we started I was in costume, I'm ready, I'm shooting this day, who is this guy? Who's this character? Please tell me.
And about Denis' passion on it:
Maybe you see a kindred spirit in him in the way that he seems to choose the riskiest projects. There's always going to be a stigma around the Blade Runnersequel. There's going to be a stigma around Dune. He's not going the safe way.

Not at all. Denis grew up obsessed with these novels, and he's like a real fan. I watched him direct on Blade Runner, I could tell when he was happy. But I didn't see the same excitement that I see out of him on Dune. The reason is that he's seen all these characters he's obsessed with over the years brought to life, and he's watching his vision happen. Then you can see like the childlike excitement element it's pretty spectacular to witness.

Allright sounds pretty cool that Villeneuve is so stoked working on Dune.

Zimmer on working on Dune:
With the incredible line-up of talent involved in the upcoming film adaptation of Frank Herbert’s classic sci-fi novel, “Dune,” you would think that anyone and everyone in Hollywood would kill to be part of the production. But for composer Hans Zimmer, the choice to do “Dune” meant that he was going to have to turn his back on one of his biggest collaborators, Christopher Nolan.

However, as explained to us in a new interview, Zimmer’s choice between working on ‘Dune’ or working with Nolan on the upcoming ‘Tenet’ had more to do with his childhood than with which project he thinks will ultimately work best. In fact, as much as he loves Nolan (and it’s clear that he does), the composer just couldn’t turn his back on the chance to score one of his childhood favorite novels.

“‘Dune’ is one of my favorite books from my teenage years and I love Denis Villeneuve, obviously,” explained Zimmer.

He goes on to talk about how he loves working with the film’s editor Joe Walker, with their collaborations dating back to the ‘80s. Zimmer also mentions something that should prove interesting when listening to his work on “Dune,” he’s never seen the David Lynch-directed version of the film from 1984.

“It almost feels like family,” he added. “And I never saw the original ‘Dune’ movie, and so, I’m coming at this in a fresh way, just from the book.”

Ultimately, it sounds as if there was no choice for Zimmer, as he concluded, “I have to do it.”

Zimmer wants to stress that there’s no strife between himself and Nolan, and he thinks that the filmmaker will be “just fine” with the addition of Ludwig Göransson as the composer for ‘Tenet.’
source

It's pretty nice that Zimmer hasn't seen Lynch' film. So he won't be influenced by that in any way.

Can you imagine the full trailer for this? Sometimes I can, in my dreams.

Same. Been having visions lol

And that’s a wrap.

Oh that's like one or two months sooner than I thought

That's Sharon Duncan-Brewster, she was also in Rogue One. IMDb lists her amongst the cast but not which character.

Probably just production logo but seeing those two moons is nice