⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
https://screenrant.com/dune-movie-tease ... aign=SR-TW
I hope they'll reveal some little informations next week.

And also, some new words from David Dastmalchian :https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247413 ... lming-dune
I’m so grateful and excited to be a part of Denis’ vision. I think that he is one of the greatest filmmakers of our time and any time, and I believe what he’s going to do here, it’s just going to take people to a whole other place. He brings so much. When you think about Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 specifically, because those are the two science fiction films that he’s crafted, you see his gift for telling stories that are visually stunning, but that are also rooted in really complex ideas and really fascinating characters.
I’d read the book and I’d seen the film. I’m a very big David Lynch fan, so there was so much about the film that I had loved, but to be quite honest, I had not seen the film since probably college. It had been a long time since I’d seen the film. Once I got cast in [Dune], I decided not to revisit the film. But I did go back and revisited the book because like I said, I love it. I’ve only read the book once, but I’ve gone back to it many times just to dip in and out and pull quotes. It’s just a fun and very dense piece of philosophical writing… It’s so exciting the thought that this level of maturity and complexity in Herbert’s writing is going to be put on a giant screen by Denis Villeneuve. And the cast that he’s put together, it’s so awesome.
The Piter De Vries that I’m playing I hope will resonate with and reflect the Piter de Vries that people who loved the books associate with. I can’t really discuss much about the script or the plot itself, but I can just tell you that that old phrase ‘True to the spirit’ or ‘honoring the spirit of’, and to be quite honest I haven’t even seen the most recent of the script, but in the way Denis has talked about the film and what I’ve seen, it’s absolutely true to and in honor of everything that Frank put into the novel. And translating something from novel form to cinema form requires a lot of mastery as storytellers go, and I think there’s no one better for that job than Denis. He’s just so fearless, man. He makes choices and then he goes into the places that we need right now as audiences.

...and the hype continues to build.

Totally hype for this but scared at the same time. This is the only movie I haven't gotten a clue how the characters' outfits/costumes, ships/vehicles, buildings and ect that they are going for. Lots of concept arts out there seems to gear towards sci-fi/fantasy look. I mean the Star Wars prequel concepts looks amazing but retarded Lucas made all the wrong decisions.
Last edited by LEXX on June 5th, 2019, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's looking more and more likely that Styles will play Feyd in the second film.

LEXX wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 2:23 pm
Totally hype for this but scared at the same time. This is the only movie I haven't gotten a clue how the characters' outfits/costumes, ships/vehicles, buildings and ect that they are going for. Lots of concept arts out there seems to gear towards sci-fi/fantasy look. I mean the Star Wars prequel concepts looks amazing but retarded Lucas made all the wrong decisions.
Excuse me.

Are we actually going to see some artwork? The link says 4-6 June...

Nomis wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 2:04 pm
Are we actually going to see some artwork? The link says 4-6 June...
No. And it won’t be on SDCC. Too soon.

:cry:

understandable but still a pity