⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nolan62 wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 7:02 am
Nomis wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 5:57 am
It's also being released in IMAX, like the majority of todays blockbusters.

Hope we find out what camera's they plan on using when they start shooting.
If I remember, Villeneuve has expressed several times his will to shooting his adaptation in IMAX.
I remember that as well, figure he'd opt for the digital IMAX camera though. Like McQuarrie/Hardy used for Fallout.

Nomis wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 7:10 am

I remember that as well, figure he'd opt for the digital IMAX camera though. Like McQuarrie/Hardy used for Fallout.
Not the Russo's one ? (Arri Imax, I think)

I think the one used for Fallout shoots in a higher resolution... Anyway, I trust in Villeneuve and Fraser to choose the right hardware, I'm sure that regardless of it, it's going to be a true stunner. Villeneuve said he wanted to do something different than what he's done previously, with Deakins and Young.
Fraser always uses LED lights on set and only natural lights on location so there's that too.

Nomis wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 7:47 am
I think the one used for Fallout shoots in a higher resolution... Anyway, I trust in Villeneuve and Fraser to choose the right hardware, I'm sure that regardless of it, it's going to be a true stunner. Villeneuve said he wanted to do something different than what he's done previously, with Deakins and Young.
Fraser always uses LED lights on set and only natural lights on location so there's that too.
This adaptation will be something incredible, I trust Denis, he knows what he is doing. And again, I want Mansell to scoring this.

I still don't think that making a movie out of Dune is a good idea (a big budget TV event series would be the only thing to do the books justice) but with a cast like this and Villenueve at the helm this is immediately in my top 5 most anticipated movies of 2020.

Oku
Dang, that's the best possible release date, awards-wise.

Even if it underperforms at the box office like Blade Runner 2049 did, I expect that it will get a nomination in nearly all the technical Oscar categories, just like Blade Runner 2049.

LelekPL wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 11:44 am
I still don't think that making a movie out of Dune is a good idea (a big budget TV event series would be the only thing to do the books justice) but with a cast like this and Villenueve at the helm this is immediately in my top 5 most anticipated movies of 2020.
It's definitely an hard task, sure. But since he made Blade Runner 2049, I have a very great feeling about this guy. He really can do it.

Please no Momoa.

Penguin022 wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 2:28 pm
Please no Momoa.
Yeah bad move to cast an actor whose last film made a billion dollars at the box office because lots of mom's who crush on the actor went to go see it.

Well, he took too long to shoot Dune 'cause if he's planning on using IMAX film cameras, Nolan is about to snatch all of em.

But seriously, it doesn't matter, he might have enjoyed the taller framing so any camera would do that and the Alexa would do just fine.