⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
this cast is going to obliterate me

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 3:40 pm
Can we stop merging family friendly with PG-13? The Dark Knight exists still.🕷
Fair point. It wasn’t clear but I meant a “family friendly” rating (it’s not just about the US you know).

:clap:

2h20 PG-13 imo

Dune doesn't have any cursing and they just have to be intelligent with the violence to keep it at that rating.

And yeah Vader, I thought the (book spoilers)
two-year jump happened at 2/3rds of the book, but it's even more than that...at least we know the Fremen will have some role in the first movie, so it can't end at the Duke's death

Ace wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 3:32 pm
Javier Bardem is in negotiations to join the A-list ensemble of Legendary’s “Dune” reboot.

Bardem will play Stilgar, the leader of a tribe that helps Chalamet’s character.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/javi ... ssion=true
Perfect casting, couldn't be happier about this one. Bardem is such a great actor and he's going to ace this part. Perfect fit.

Very curious to see who they'll cast as Duncan.

@Ruth: I prefer to read the book first, mainly to see how I'd adapt it. I think I'll reread the first book before this comes out, maybe once we've gotten a trailer or two and then just envision the rest while reading lol

As for runtime, I think 2h15min tops (including credits which usually run for 7 to 10 minutes with these films). No way they're pushing for 2h30min or longer after 2049.
Guess the rating could go either way and tbh, I don't really care if it's not R but I do think it fits the material. It's not that it's plenty of gore or cursing or nudity but having an R rating gives one more breathing room imo, I think they're less restricted if they go that way.

Book Spoilers for where they might end the film:
Maybe the 2 year gap in the novel is too far ahead in the story to actually end it there. So I wouldn't be surprised if they shake some things up to still end the film there without having to cut a whole lot out. I don't expect a beat for beat adaptation. Not to forget that we need some proper action on Arrakis itself and ending with the Dukes death is way too soon.

Guessing they'll arrive at Arrakis around the 40 minute mark?

When releasing 2049, Vlleneuve explained that the rough cut was much longer because he likes to take his time with each scene, and then cut them during editing to give its rhythm to the film. So the length of the film depends on what Villeneuve will decide to cut or not during the editing stage. But given his method, the rough cut will definitely be very long (as opposed to Nolan whose rough cut is quite as long as final cut.)

Ace

Man, this is getting huge. One of the biggest movies of 2020, no doubt.

Trying to get in on the At Eternitys Gate Bond villains + comic book villains conglomerate I see

Not everything is about the comic book parts the actors had...

Anyway, I loved Brolin's performance in Villeneuve's Sicario. Judging from that alone I can perfectly picture him as Gurney Halleck. Great actor.

Only real important parts left to be cast: Padishah Emperor, Princess Irulan, Doctor Yueh, Duncan Idaho, Liet Kynes, Pieter de Vries and perhaps Feyd-Rautha, too. Am I forgetting anyone?