⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 2:09 pm
Oscar Isaac in Talks to Join.

Isaac will play Duke Leto Atreides, father to the film's protagonist Paul Atreides

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/osca ... ssion=true
Very good choice. He's got that oozing charisma down which is such a vital part of the character.

Funny that he goes from Star Wars to this lol

Chalamet said they start in March and that Villeneuve's approach is grounded, can't find the source unfortunately.

As for a release date, what is most likely? Summer 2020 is shaping up already and Avatar 2 is scheduled for that December.

edit:
Rebecca Ferguson is currently prepping for one of her most ambitious projects yet, Denis Villeneuve’s Dune, a big-budget adaptation of the classic 1965 sci-fi novel in which she’ll play Jessica, the mother to Paul Atreides (Timothee Chalamet) and member of the powerful Bene Gesserit sect. She’ll be flying out for a costume fitting next week.

“There’s a calm empowerment to being the Bene Gesserit that she is,” Ferguson tells The Hollywood Reporter. “I’m reading the book; I’ve read it. I have the script and Denis’ ideas so I feel like I have so much to work with already.”

I'm expecting prestige October-November release where there's less blockbuster competition... building some hype with TIFF or NYFF premiere

Ace
Zendaya Eyed to Play Timothée Chalamet’s Love Interest
Zendaya is being eyed to play Timothée Chalamet‘s love interest Chani in Denis Villeneuve‘s Dune reboot, multiple sources tell Collider.

Should her deal close, Zendaya would play Chani, the girl of Paul’s dreams who takes on a leading role as his proper love interest in the next Dune film — should this one merit a sequel.

Zendaya was one of a handful of non-white actresses to test for the role of Chani. A representative for the actress declined to comment last week and did not respond to a request for comment this week.
http://collider.com/zendaya-dune-reboot ... ium=social

m4st4 wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 7:12 am
Zendaya pls.🕷️
I rise.🕷️

Villeneuve have cast so many actors in his movies that are primarily known for Marvel movies, I wonder if he's actually a fan of those movies. He doesn't seem like someone who would enjoy them.

Batman's Batman wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 3:10 pm
Villeneuve have cast so many actors in his movies that are primarily known for Marvel movies, I wonder if he's actually a fan of those movies. He doesn't seem like someone who would enjoy them.
What is going on in this post.🕷️

Batman's Batman wrote:
Including but not limited to:
Jeremy Renner
Hugh Jackman kinda
And much much more!

ArmandFancypants wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 5:19 pm
Batman's Batman wrote:
Including but not limited to:
Jeremy Renner
Hugh Jackman kinda
And much much more!
and Bautista, Terrence Howard, Whitaker, Brolin and Del Toro!!!!! and now Jake Gyllenhaal! What a MCU junkie!

It's not his fault that half of Hollywood are involved in Marvel films.£

Batman's Batman wrote:
I can’t BELIEVE Nolan has someone from Newsies cast in so many of his films. He doesn’t seem like someone who would enjoy that film.