⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 7:52 pm
Charlotte Rampling Joins 'Dune'
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/h ... ssion=true

Rampling will play the Reverend Mother Mohiam, the emperor’s truthsayer, a person who can divine intentions, suss out lies, and manipulate people's emotional states
Fantastic actress.🕷️

Vader182 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 8:18 pm
for the first movie there's really only one *major* part left, Duke Leto, and I'm pretty excited to see who they go with. He's one of the most important parts in the book.

Stilgar too.

-Vader
There’s juicy supporting roles in there too. Duncan, Gurney, Kaynes, Yueh, Feyd-Rautha

Vader182 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 8:18 pm
for the first movie there's really only one *major* part left, Duke Leto, and I'm pretty excited to see who they go with. He's one of the most important parts in the book.

Stilgar too.

-Vader
For the first film, yes. I'd consider parts like Yueh, Kaynes, Duncan, Feyd-Rautha and of course Chani to be important parts as well.

However, especially considering more than one sequel there's one part which might be the most essential and to me the most interesting in terms of casting.

BOOK SPOILERS:
Which is Duncan. He will die in the first film but will return in the third and play a continuous highly important part in every sequel. I cannot wait to see who they'll cast.

Lol, they ain't doing the sequels. Honestly quite worried that Villeneuve won't even be able to complete his two-parter.

Dune ain't The Lord of the Rings for the general public. Most of them have no idea what it is. I'm sure the film will be great, but I hope the budget will be between 100-150 millions and nothing more.
Last edited by FuturePast on January 17th, 2019, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dune's success demands a super powerful hook and insane visuals that please a broad audience

can't wait for it to make 250m world wide

-Vader

Will $250 million be enough to let Villeneuve make the second part? I mean, if the budget ends up being $150 million, not including marketing...

I think there is a market for a rated R Star Wars though.

uh no

a budget of 150 million will need a movie to earn 300+ to break even let alone into the 400-500 range to do solid business

Alcon lost around 80 million for 2049.

can't wait for this to market as another sci-fi that takes place in sand coming out a year after Ep IX!

-Vader

I’m with you guys... unfortunately, we’re still at the ‘lucky to even be here’ phase but you know what, I’ll take whatever lucky shot we can get: MM:FR, BR2049, Dune... I’ll take these one-and-done miracles until some day we get another Star Wars, Fellowship, Avatar moment...🕷️

I'm not sure I'll be happier with an uncompleted Dune than with no Dune

Vader182 wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 10:28 am
uh no

a budget of 150 million will need a movie to earn 300+ to break even let alone into the 400-500 range to do solid business

Alcon lost around 80 million for 2049.

can't wait for this to market as another sci-fi that takes place in sand coming out a year after Ep IX!

-Vader
Then I hope they got $100 million as a budget for this film, max

As for 2049, didn't it end up breaking even with home sales? Still not a situation I'd want to see for Dune though.

Is Episode IX returning to Tatooine or other sand planets though? I hope not, not just for this films sake but I'm just so done with sand planets in Star Wars.

Remains ironic that this adaptation is coming while Star Wars is back at the big screen, since Star Wars has heavily been influenced by Dune.

How far along are you with the book?