⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
good that we get extra confirmation

@anikom15: I see Dune as the Lord of the Rings of sci-fi and I think everyone thought LOTR was unadaptable and yet we got the definitive adaptation. We still miss that with Dune and I think Villeneuve is the right man for the job.

As for the composer, I wouldn't be surprised if the composer gets in on it much later in production. Of course, it would be handy to bring someone on sooner rather than later. Like how Zimmer works with Nolan. If it turns out to be him, I think he'd like to be brought on board sooner, too. Considering how things went with 2049.

Nomis wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 2:28 pm
good that we get extra confirmation

@anikom15: I see Dune as the Lord of the Rings of sci-fi and I think everyone thought LOTR was unadaptable and yet we got the definitive adaptation. We still miss that with Dune and I think Villeneuve is the right man for the job.

As for the composer, I wouldn't be surprised if the composer gets in on it much later in production. Of course, it would be handy to bring someone on sooner rather than later. Like how Zimmer works with Nolan. If it turns out to be him, I think he'd like to be brought on board sooner, too. Considering how things went with 2049.
I was thinking the same, I see this adaptation of Dune as something as important and big as Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings adaptation.

ikr? it's just so daunting but if they nail it.... my god then we're in for something

as for the casting process, some big spoilers for people who haven't read the book:

BOOK SPOILERS:
I love that they cast Skarsgård, him being fully Swedish, as the Baron and Ferguson as Jessica, being half Swedish herself. I think that's just very neat casting. I do think Feyd-Rautha is going to be someone of more exotic ethnicity, considering Bautista's character is his brother (he's half Filipino, half Greek). Would be cool if they cast someone Greek. Then again, Bill Skarsgård would make a pretty cool Feyd-Rautha, too.
Last edited by Nomis on January 12th, 2019, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anarchy wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 3:29 am
Hurwitz has gone on record saying he'll never work with anyone but Chazelle (which can change of course), and why go for a Zimmer disciple when Zimmer is presumably happy to work with Villeneuve again?
Where did he say that? He hasn't worked with anyone other than Chazelle yet but in a q&a he said he'd be interested to work with other directors but no has approached him yet (at the time of the interview).

About Zimmer... There are two theories about him scoring BR2049 with Wallfisch:
1. They wanted Wallfisch (who is already phenomenal) but if Zimmer is involved, it will bring more people in.
2. They wanted Zimmer but he's not available during to tour so he got Wallfisch involved (I tend to go with this one because it's factual lol).

AhmadAli95 wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 3:20 pm
anarchy wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 3:29 am
Hurwitz has gone on record saying he'll never work with anyone but Chazelle (which can change of course), and why go for a Zimmer disciple when Zimmer is presumably happy to work with Villeneuve again?
Where did he say that? He hasn't worked with anyone other than Chazelle yet but in a q&a he said he'd be interested to work with other directors but no has approached him yet (at the time of the interview).

About Zimmer... There are two theories about him scoring BR2049 with Wallfisch:
1. They wanted Wallfisch (who is already phenomenal) but if Zimmer is involved, it will bring more people in.
2. They wanted Zimmer but he's not available during to tour so he got Wallfisch involved (I tend to go with this one because it's factual lol).
Sorry I completely misremembered what he said. He said
If working exclusively with Chazelle means that Hurwitz will only get to deliver a new score every two years, that’s fine by him. “I like the pace,” he said. “It would be so hard for me to find the type of connection that I have with Damien, so I’m very apprehensive.” He’s not opposed to slowing down — in the right context. “Maybe I could try to get it down to once a year if I found another filmmaker, but ‘First Man’ took a year-and-a-half of full-time work and I wouldn’t want to give anything less effort than that,” he said.
So it wasn't about director, but about pace. This is from an Indiewire interview.

Ludvig Forssell would be a great choice if he can work outside of Kojima Productions. His work on the MGSV soundtrack was inspiring without series usual Harry Gregson Williams

Ace

for the first movie there's really only one *major* part left, Duke Leto, and I'm pretty excited to see who they go with. He's one of the most important parts in the book.

Stilgar too.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 8:18 pm
for the first movie there's really only one *major* part left, Duke Leto, and I'm pretty excited to see who they go with. He's one of the most important parts in the book.

Stilgar too.

-Vader
Neeson.

don't you think him or viggo are too old now?

-Vader