⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
incredible news
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on September 29th, 2018, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nolan62 wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 7:53 pm
xWhereAmI? wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 7:50 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Is it official ?
It's not announced yet, but the AC crew confirmed it for us because all of us were wondering if Deakins was shooting it.
Ok, it's interesting to see that Villeneuve will probably use a different esthetic approach, it's something people will don't expect.
At least he got someone really good and with a great style that maybe Vill wanted for this film

I can't fucking wait to see the rest of this huge incoming cast and crew.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 6:23 pm
xWhereAmI? wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 4:13 pm
Greg Fraser is shooting this btw (they are camera prepping this at my work)
A pretty damn good sub for Deakins.
Definitely. I wonder why Villeneuve didn't collaborate with Deakins again though?

@xWhereAmI? I figure they're going to shoot digitally? :P

Nomis wrote:
September 30th, 2018, 6:59 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 6:23 pm
xWhereAmI? wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 4:13 pm
Greg Fraser is shooting this btw (they are camera prepping this at my work)
A pretty damn good sub for Deakins.
Definitely. I wonder why Villeneuve didn't collaborate with Deakins again though?

@xWhereAmI? I figure they're going to shoot digitally? :P
Because Villeneuve's intentions seems to be very clear and he wants to create a different esthetic approach for the project, I think it's a great idea, it will be new territory for him.

I'm sure Villeneuve has a clear vision for this, I'm just surprised Deakins won't be in (on this one). They've often collaborated the last couple of years and it earned Deakins Oscar nominations and even more noteworthy (because he already had so many noms) his first win.
Curious to find out as to why they decided not to collaborate on this. It could of course end up being a scheduling problem or something lol

Here are some high-res screen caps of Frasers Killing Them Softly, Zero Dark Thirty and Foxcatcher.
Last edited by Nomis on September 30th, 2018, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nomis wrote:
September 30th, 2018, 10:55 am
I'm sure Villeneuve has a clear vision for this, I'm just surprised Deakins won't be in (on this one). They've collaborated often the last couple of years and it earned Deakins Oscar nominations and even more noteworthy (because he already had so many noms) his first win.
Curious to find out as to what and why they decided not to collaborate on this. It could of course end up being a scheduling problem or something lol

Here are some high-res screen caps of Frasers Killing Them Softly, Zero Dark Thirty and Foxcatcher.
He is also great.

Oh and apparently, it's because Deakins will be shooting the Sam Mendes WW1 drama apparently (great news too btw).

Chalamet talks Dune in this podcast, starts at 31:00 minutes. He says they start filming in February or March.

So who is scoring this? Zimmer? Benjamin? Someone else?

I hope both score this one but as much as I love Zimmer, Wallfisch is the one I want the most. He's the one responsible for the horse theme aka the main theme aka 2049/Someone Lived This/Sea wall which is one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking tunes I've ever heard. So simple yet so good.