Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
1) Spider-Man 2 8/10
2) Spider-Man 7/10
3) Spider-Man: Far From Home 7/10
4) Spider-Man: Homecoming 7/10
5) Spider-Man: Into the SpiderVerse 7/10
6) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 6/10
7) Spider-Man 3 6/10
8) The Amazing Spider-Man 6/10
I enjoyed all of them. The first TASM the least, but that still was a pretty competent film with solid performances by Garfield and Stone.

This one is really good because of Mysterio and the school trip setting adds another layer of freshness. But yeah, Jake and his character is the stand out. It's amazing that they managed to change the character and yet still keep him faithful to the comics. His first "fight" with Peter was fantastic. Also, probably the most important after credits scene Marvel has ever done (the first one, the second one was pretty redundant).

I thought the film could have been much tighter and the action scenes executed better. I really hate chaos and visual noise in action scenes and that kind of blew in this.

Forgot to add one movie, and this will be controversial:
m4st4 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:19 am
1) Spider-Man 2
2) Spider-verse
3) Spider-Man/Spectacular Spider-Man
4) Far From Home
5) Venom
6) Homecoming
7) The Amazing Spider-Man 2
8) The Amazing Spider-Man
9) Spider-Man 3

that's not controversial, just wrong

I had a lot more fun watching Venom than Homecoming lol also Hardy is a gem

m4st4 wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 8:51 am
Forgot to add one movie, and this will be controversial:
m4st4 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:19 am
1) Spider-Man 2
2) Spider-verse
3) Spider-Man/Spectacular Spider-Man
4) Far From Home
5) Venom
6) Homecoming
7) The Amazing Spider-Man 2
8) The Amazing Spider-Man
9) Spider-Man 3
Other than not seeing FFH yet, I don't see the problem here.

I liked the second half much better than the first. Felt focused and tighter than first half which felt like all over the place.

Nomis wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 9:06 am
I had a lot more fun watching Venom than Homecoming lol also Hardy is a gem
Thanks! :thumbup:

See Cilogy, we are all mad, just in different ways. Me personally, I still dig Amazing 2, parts of it that doesn't feature Electro at least. Amazing 1 on the other hand, eh, such nothingness, even Venom was more fun to watch.

Went to see it last night and I really loved it. I'm glad I stayed till the end cause that post credit scene is insane!

Loved
Peter/Happy's relationship and although it was obvious that Mysterio is the villain, I wasn't expecting the twist since I knew nothing about the character.
Cinematography is great (was great seeing in IMAX 2D (Laser baby)). Loved the shots
when the camera was mounted on the drones and the psychedelic illusion sequences looked incredible.

I liked it.
It was kind of obvious after the trailers that Mysterio would turn evil, and that those elementals would be his illusions, so I went in expecting that. It didn't have too many exciting twists or turns, all it had was charm, for some reason. I don't know, but this whole Spider-Man side of the MCU has a nice atmosphere to it that I can't describe. I guess I like Holland, Zendaya, I also like Favreau which I never thought I would say, I like all the cast, I like how it's all not that heavy as some of the more serious entries of the MCU. I just... enjoy these films, even if they aren't very special in other senses. Well, I guess they are special because they are one of the few MCU films that I really enjoy, so you got me there :D

Also, of course there was the quite obvious commentary on fake news, but I really loved how they introduced J Jonah Jameson as a parody of Alex Jones and related conspiracy theory news outlets. I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't return in the future - actually, I hope -, I can see it as this one-off cameo, and it's totally fine. But I think it was a clever way to introduce that character in this film, and to portray this Spider-Man-scepticism as the result of online conspiracy theories so familiar to us in the late 2010s. So that's one thing I really liked.

And Zendaya. Man.