Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jake is going to turn into a massive prick by the end amirite? This looks like it's going to be so much fun, and Michelle is finally MJ and in the right place for this movie.🕷

I just had a theory...
What if this is an alternate universe, where the whole Infinity War and Civil War thing didn't happen? Because otherwise it's quite difficult to wrap my head around when this happens in the timeline. What if this is what the title Far from Home is suggesting? :D

I’ll say this outside of spoilers because it’s baffling to me how many people around the internet can’t fathom a universe in which these characters just cannot and will not die.

So here goes...

...This happens after End Game and Spider-Man is still alive. Snap is irrelevant, a gimmick.

🕷️

DHOPW42 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 10:51 am
I just had a theory...
What if this is an alternate universe, where the whole Infinity War and Civil War thing didn't happen? Because otherwise it's quite difficult to wrap my head around when this happens in the timeline. What if this is what the title Far from Home is suggesting? :D
But how is Aunt May and Happy Hogan there then? :blank:

It's also interesting that Peter's passsport only says dates, but not years. :think:

User of Interest wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 11:33 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 10:51 am
I just had a theory...
But how is Aunt May and Happy Hogan there then? :blank:
I don't actually think that this is the case, I just kind of had this idea :D Like how much of a twist it would be that the title was referring to the fact that this is a parallel dimension.

But now that you're asking, I guess everything is quite the same in this universe, since it's a parallel one, with minor differences. Aunt May and all of Peter's friends can be there unchanged, Happy is another question, but maybe the Avengers haven't assembled fully yet in this universe. So Happy is a regular security guy, I don't know. And Nick Fury, who also perished in Infinity War in our universe, contacted Captain Marvel, WHO contacted this other Nick Fury because she can... kind of do that maybe? Travel through dimensions :D So this is an alternate Nick Fury who seeks out Spider-Man to help that other universe where Thanos is wreaking havoc.

OR

This is simply happening before Infinity War. Probably the latter.

Oku
Panapaok wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 9:59 am
Best trailer I've seen in a long time.

I like the tone, the characters, the jokes (that scene with Peter and MJ was hilarious).

Instantly shot up my most anticipated list, from not even being on it a few minutes ago.

m4st4 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 11:14 am
I’ll say this outside of spoilers because it’s baffling to me how many people around the internet can’t fathom a universe in which these characters just cannot and will not die.

So here goes...

...This happens after End Game and Spider-Man is still alive. Snap is irrelevant, a gimmick.

🕷️
Well, there is still uncertainty as to who specifically will get to come back (it might not be everyone), or what state they will be in when they do. (But I guess that this trailer answered the second question: they come back fine.)

Also, the way that this trailer is edited, if I hadn't read that this takes place after Infinity War, I could totally buy this taking place after Homecoming and before Infinity War.

Well, I mean sure, Luke also got another hand, Han Solo was saved and Vader fulfilled the prophecy and brought balance to the force. But at the end of the day, Empire's ending still packs a punch. Hopefully Endgame is more satisfying than Return of the Jedi was though.£

Master Virgo wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Well, I mean sure, Luke also got another hand, Han Solo was saved and Vader fulfilled the prophecy and brought balance to the force. But at the end of the day, Empire's ending still packs a punch. Hopefully Endgame is more satisfying than Return of the Jedi was though.£
Implies that Infinite War ending packs a similarly memorable/culturally important punch as Empire?🕷