Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's really not, I'm also honesty surprised you'd be okay with how badly handled it is.

It's almost insulting to the viewer considering how well Homecoming managed to pull off its concept.

In keeping with the themes of the film, it has - ironically - the illusion of a good movie.

Not sure what else I can say.

Vader182 wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 3:01 am
I could not disagree more with every single thing Cilogy posted. This is a movie about inheriting responsibility you didn't ask for, and living up to the memory of those who you have lost. It's about discovering growing up is as much about what you should do verses what you would like to. These are classic Spider-Man themes, and explores them with some depth. It is surprisingly emotional.

Some of the setpieces are completely unlike anything in the MCU (or CBM period), and fabulously done. I saw this on a massive Dolby screen, and the VFX are largely terrific. Confused how anyone can suggest otherwise. I still hate how weightless MCU web-slinging tends to be, but it's still a huge improvement on Homecoming.

There's a slow start, but the back half is nonstop terrific. Easily in the top 10 MCU movies.

-Vader
This has nothing to do with the themes, the premise, the intent. It's the execution. It's sloppy, it's ham-fisted, it's unnatural and many of the jokes and storyline's execution just don't work. It looks like Cilogy and I are in the minority on this though. People are eating it up. I really didn't like this movie at all. The only thing that saved it for me are the fight sequences. Those were brilliant.

Cilogy wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 12:16 pm
It's really not, I'm also honesty surprised you'd be okay with how badly handled it is.

It's almost insulting to the viewer considering how well Homecoming managed to pull off its concept.

In keeping with the themes of the film, it has - ironically - the illusion of a good movie.

Not sure what else I can say.
This! I felt like, wow, they must think the average Marvel viewer is kinda dumb. I've never seen so much forced exposition and spoon feeding. This is what we're doing here. This is who this person is. This is how you should feel about this. Laugh here. Ugh.

For the record that^ is not my novelty account.

Me and gf loved this so much, and she’s a total MCU beginner. It just works on so many levels. Bring out the third one Watts!

I read somewhere that someone said that we live in a universe with three Spider-Man 2s and I literally thought no bitch there's only two Spidey 2s?

I completely forgot about amazing spider-man 2 l o l

which means it is sorta possible to erase that film from my mind

As a Spidey fanatic, I cannot erase any of those movies.

Spidey 3 gave us sogood.gif and that emo dance.
TASM 2 gave us wonderful chemistry between the two leads and Zimmer soundtrack.

I just can’t downright hate any of those movies. But they’re still at the end of foodchain, yes. I mean we recently got Spiderverse, which is the goat. How does one compete with that?! But Far From Home is still great, seeing it again in two days and cannot wait, the best feeling with new movies - that thirst for more.

Nomis wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 8:04 am
I read somewhere that someone said that we live in a universe with three Spider-Man 2s and I literally thought no bitch there's only two Spidey 2s?

I completely forgot about amazing spider-man 2 l o l

which means it is sorta possible to erase that film from my mind
There are three Spiderman 2's but only one Spiderman 3 hell yeah baby

hell yeah there is

I love Spider-Man 3

Also @m4: true true Garfield/Stone was a great combination and Zimmers score was indeed pretty nice

Cilogy wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 6:58 pm
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 3:53 am

posting this for broad reasons not specific ones
god this is video is so early 2000s it shocks me
Man, I miss those days. I remember watching my Spider-Man DVD every single day