Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 10:37 am
Nomis wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 8:04 am
I read somewhere that someone said that we live in a universe with three Spider-Man 2s and I literally thought no bitch there's only two Spidey 2s?

I completely forgot about amazing spider-man 2 l o l

which means it is sorta possible to erase that film from my mind
There are three Spiderman 2's but only one Spiderman 3 hell yeah baby

^This is Cil's novelty account

^sorry to disappoint you bacon but no lmao

What's this movie about thematically? It's about
Ironman

Batfan175 wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 11:42 pm
Ironman
No.

It’s about everyone around Peter thinking he’s the next Iron-Man when in fact he can ultimately only be one, his own man, Spider-Man.
Roll the credits, bring out the next one.

m4st4 wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 12:17 am
Batfan175 wrote:
Ironman
No.

It’s about everyone around Peter thinking he’s the next Iron-Man when in fact he can ultimately only be one, his own man, Spider-Man.
Spiderman is the guy who's a hero because of his own guilt and who'd do the responsible thing even if he himself would suffer as a result of his decisions and who often does suffer as a consequence of the decisions he makes. Raimi understood the importance of exploring this and showing us this as a big part of the character in a way that rings true emotionally, these movies don't.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 2:25 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 12:17 am
Batfan175 wrote:
Ironman
No.

Spiderman is the guy who's a hero because of his own guilt and who'd do the responsible thing even if he himself would suffer as a result of his decisions and who often does suffer as a consequence of the decisions he makes. Raimi understood the importance of exploring this and showing us this as a big part of the character in a way that rings true emotionally, these movies don't.
Thanks for this Spidey 101. Also, wonderfully shown here...
right after the tulip pickup with Favreau when he says that he feels powerless and guilty because his friends need to suffer because of him and when he finds the strength to (finally) make his own suit and do things the way Spidey does things - solo. Did I mention his final move is using Spidey sense to trick the trickster? And how the final sequence wonderfully evokes Raimi movies and everything Spider-Man should be, including JJJ threat? Yeah.
This movie is the fire. It’s also wickedly experimental and different in a way GotG and Ragnarok were.

I liked it, but ...not a big fan of the film either. Reminds me of how I felt about Civil War. The first half of this movie just didn't work for me. I thought it was tedious, boring, unexciting, uneventful.... it just completely dragged for me. That being said I thing the second half of this film is brilliant. I walked out ultimately enjoyed. Homecoming was a better, more even film. It completely nailed the John Hughes aesthetic it was striving for.

This new one kind of tries to do too many things, and it succeeds and fails at the same time. Definitely more ambitious than Homecoming, but primarily more messy.

Our office taking us to this movie. 8-)

Some girls wanted to watch Annabelle instead cause they're not interested in Spider-Man. :lol:

The fact that the film is shining like this after a terrific year we had for Spider-Man stories last year, as well as Endgame kind of seemingly being the last word on anything Marvel, is some achievement really.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 7:15 am
The fact that the film is shining like this after a terrific year we had for Spider-Man stories last year, as well as Endgame kind of seemingly being the last word on anything Marvel, is some achievement really.
Batman on the other hand... Boy, where do I even... Begin?