Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Whole trailer was very meh until Jake showed up.

Forum Pro
Law
This was easily the best trailer of 2019

Law wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 11:31 pm
Best trailer of the past 15 days? Lol.

o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 10:10 pm
“Oh, interesting, he’s gonna be forced to confront how he can be a hero as Peter Parker - without his suit...”

30 Seconds Later

“Oh, nevermind, Nick Fury’s just gonna show up and give him his suit! Silly me, expecting something character-pushing...”
He already did that in the finale of Homecoming.

I agree that it feels extremely down-to-earth and "simple" after Spider-Verse, but I think I have a soft spot for Homecoming and the world it presented, with its characters and interactions. I'm saying this as someone who only enjoyed three, maybe four MCU films in the past 11 years. But Homecoming was among them, and I really felt a sort of warm nostalgic "let's go back to this nice little place" sort of feeling when watching the trailer.

I hope this doesn't sound like a bad excuse, but for me Spider-Verse was pretty overwhelming - it's a lot to take in visually and thematically. I really liked it, but I don't think every comic book film has to be like that. For me, most MCU films were not fun at all, but it wasn't because they lacked the visuals or anything - I mean, they LACKED the visuals, but this wasn't the reason for me not enjoying them. They lacked fun and entertainment (in my eyes). Homecoming treads on the same sort of visual path, but it felt like a warmhearted attempt to bring Spider-Man to the MCU, and I enjoyed it. I surprisingly liked Tom Holland, his circle of friends, that whole environment. And for me it felt good to re-visit this world in this trailer, so I'm looking forward to it.

I completely understand that it could look underwhelming after seeing Spider-Verse, but the most I can say is that the timing is unfortunate for this trailer release.

Forum Pro
Law
Angus wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 11:43 pm
Law wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 11:31 pm
Best trailer of the past 15 days? Lol.
You seem new

not watching the trailer until i sit my ass down and watch homecoming first lol

New trailer soon?