Controversial Opinions About Movies Part II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah New Nightmare is a lot of fun, along with Dream Warriors imo the best of the sequels.

Nomis wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 5:11 pm
Yeah New Nightmare is a lot of fun, along with Dream Warriors imo the best of the sequels.
You know, everybody and their mom keep telling me that but Patricia Arquette is just screaming the whole movie, Heather Langenkamp is so disinterested in the whole affair compared to her other two entries and Freddy is mostly a barking doggie that rarely bites. Too bad Larry Fishburne aka the best character didn't get more screen time, you could see the talent to capture the audience's attention right there.

As far as the franchises go, I think it goes like this for me:
1) Halloween
2) Friday the 13th
3) Elm Street
4) Texas
But cannot wait to see Chucky since that seems to be pretty consistent in quality, if not in tones which seem to be radically shifting every two movies, and for the better.

lol I thought Dream Warriors was a nice spin on them fighting back in the dreams.

As for Halloween, I've only seen the first two films and the one from 2018. I've also only seen the first Chucky and the first Friday the 13th lol I still haven't seen the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre but I did see The Beginning.

Are you going to watch all the Saw films?

Nomis wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 6:37 am
lol I thought Dream Warriors was a nice spin on them fighting back in the dreams.

As for Halloween, I've only seen the first two films and the one from 2018. I've also only seen the first Chucky and the first Friday the 13th lol I still haven't seen the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre but I did see The Beginning.

Are you going to watch all the Saw films?
Not a fan. But man, Spiral (Saw spinoff) looks intriguing! Trailer has leaked. Chris Rock and Sam Jackson.

Donner’s original aside, The Iron Giant is the best Superman film.

Absolutely unable to connect to Mad Max: Fury Road, I've never felt this disconnected to absolute unanimous praise than with this movie.

I've even turned it off one or twice, I rewatched it yesterday. I even find the action bordeline repetitive monotonous after a while.

And I'm trying almost every year...guess it just isn't for me. I love some car chases (especially in T2), I guess I'm just not into the concept of a chase film

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 12:24 pm
Absolutely unable to connect to Mad Max: Fury Road, I've never felt this disconnected to absolute unanimous praise than with this movie.

I've even turned it off one or twice, I rewatched it yesterday. I even find the action bordeline repetitive monotonous after a while.

And I'm trying almost every year...guess it just isn't for me. I love some car chases (especially in T2), I guess I'm just not into the concept of a chase film
I'm with you on this. The film is incredibly repetitive in its action setpieces. I do appreciate the world, sets and vision of Miller, Black&Chrome version looks fantastic but it does get boring after they get caught in the sand storm. Hardy's performance doesn't help either.

Yea, I'm a little torn on Fury Road. Its the best of the franchise and the action is creative but it does get a little repetitive. I do find Hardy so subdued that he's kinda boring in the film. I certainly like it, but all the takes and articles proclaiming it the best of the decade are baffling to me.

radewart wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 1:56 pm
Its the best of the franchise and the action is creative but it does get a little repetitive. I do find Hardy so subdued that he's kinda boring in the film. I certainly like it, but all the takes and articles proclaiming it the best of the decade are baffling to me.
I'm Team Road Warrior all the way. I think I even preferred Thunderdome but that might just be because of nostalgia since I also have lots of issues with it. But Road Warrior was phenomenal.

oh man i have no idea what to do with these takes lol

power to you guys, i guess.

-Vader