Controversial Opinions About Movies Part II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I wish I wouldn't live 3 hours away from the nearest IMAX cinema. Going there is too expensive to casually do so for any movie. :cry: I only do it for very special films, and the only one so far was Dunkirk (the theatre wasn't a real IMAX from '11 to '15). It was mindblowing.

Cilogy wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 4:58 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 3:54 am
I hated Rogue One, really hated it. I'm not that into Star Wars (LOTR generation here, yo), but I've seen the films and I like the new trilogy (maybe that's a controversial opinion in itself). To me Rogue One is a lazy, pretentious and overall bad film and I'm baffled by all the positive reviews and opinions regarding it. It's also deliberately destroying Star Wars lore by showing what has happened literally seconds before New Hope started. I just don't enjoy this type of fan service, I think it's dumb and unintelligent. CGI resurrection of old characters just for the sake of it is also very childish in my eyes - there's no reason whatsoever why they couldn't cast new actors in the roles of the old characters. I've seen it once in cinema and I didn't like the film at all, then I gave it a chance and bought it on Blu-ray, still, I couldn't stand it. Of course I have to point out that the Darth Vader scene in itself is mind-blowing (the one where he fights), but other than that, to me, it's worthless.
The only thing I kinda hated was the first Vader scene

Otherwise you like 500% wrong so how does it feel to be that wrong
Being wrong never felt so right.

kung-fu denis is great but has yet to drop a certified classic, imo due to his work being too calculated and impersonal

Phantom Thread was just boneless mother!.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 7:26 pm
kung-fu denis is great but has yet to drop a certified classic, imo due to his work being too calculated and impersonal
What're your favorite films from Denis?

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 7:26 pm
so basically I feel like 2049 is the film people want to be a classic, Prisoners ought to be a classic, but Sicario probably will be a classic

2049 and arrival are his movies that are the most well thought of and going to be cited the most into the future

2049 is already thought of as a modern classic in most circles, keith's just got high keith standards

-Vader

Cilogy wrote:
November 3rd, 2018, 9:36 pm
Prisoners ought to be a classic

holy fuck I forgot about Arrival

yeah that'll be a classic too, probably more than Sicario

Arrival is going to be that one movie that first-year film students 10 years from now will retroactively dislike just because they have to write a long paper on it.