2017-2018 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

The fact of the matter is that the question of hosting the Oscars isn't "who will be good" its really "who can go for three hours and suck the least".

ChristNolan wrote:Image
:lol: :clap:

Jimmy Kimmel Set to Host 2018 Oscars
Jimmy Kimmel will host the Oscars once again, with ABC announcing Tuesday that the late-night host will lead the 2018 awards ceremony.

This will be Kimmel’s second consecutive year hosting the Oscars, which will see him reunite with producers Michael De Luca and Jennifer Todd.

“Hosting the Oscars was a highlight of my career and I am grateful to Cheryl, Dawn and the Academy for asking me to return to work with two of my favorite people, Mike De Luca and Jennifer Todd,” said Kimmel. “If you think we screwed up the ending this year, wait until you see what we have planned for the 90th anniversary show!”

Nice!

Please don't make a big deal about this year's fiasco. Please.

Please?
Kimmel's totally gonna beat that dead horse.

Kimmel was alright. And I guess if he's the only one with time available then let him do it.

I don't know if anybody has pointed this in the Oscars' 2017 thread but Jennifer Todd, who produced the Oscars this year and will next year, is also the producer of Memento.

There's almost no chance of getting nominated, and Everything is Awesome mainly got one because the song was actually a huge hit, but I want to see this one performed live onstage:

Just saw that Phantom Thread is this year and not next like I thought. RIP anyone else who wanted Best Actor.