2017-2018 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
pls link all the best or wtf moments later on because technically I'm supposed to be sleeping and I wasn't watching this lol

Oku
Ruth wrote:I know we're like Nolan fanbots and I'm personally rooting for him and Dunkirk big time, but it's not necessarily disappointing when another worthy director wins an award
Let me vent. :cry:
Michaelf2225 wrote:the dga is what’s important

Del Toro with the speech of the night tho

and what the fuck was that nonsense from Portman?
You sexist, brah??
:lol:

Portman's comment was nasty.

Disrespectful to shame male artist with a career longer than her lifespan.

Also, shameful to play Del Toro off after 90 seconds and giving TV personality 20 minutes.

MyCocaine wrote:Portman's comment was nasty.

Disrespectful to shame male artist with a career longer than her lifespan.

Also, shameful to play Del Toro off after 90 seconds and giving TV personality 20 minutes.
Portman signed a petition defending Polanski. I despise her hypocrisy.

i mean, yeah, i’m all for diversity, but what is accomplished by condescendingly pointing out that all the nominees are men right before announcing the winner? it’s just silly and belittling of the hard work they put into their films.

Oku wrote:
Bacon wrote:Dunkirk wont win. If Desplat beat Zimmer it def cant. You could read it all over Nolans face that he didnt want to be there.
What did his face look like? Got a pic?

Michaelf2225 wrote:i mean, yeah, i’m all for diversity, but what is accomplished by condescendingly pointing out that all the nominees are men right before announcing the winner? it’s just silly and belittling of the hard work they put into their films.
She's always been pretentious, phony and off putting.

Margot was robbed btw. Sad.

Think Portman's comments were less about the nominees and more about the Globes/industry itself.

Ruth wrote:I know we're like Nolan fanbots and I'm personally rooting for him and Dunkirk big time, but it's not necessarily disappointing when another worthy director wins an award
Del Toro is a visionary who loves cinema and has worked his ass off for a long time. And he's made a few movies that I really like. But I can still be disappointed that Nolan didn't win. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, or blame Del Toro for it though.

Oku
TeddyBlass wrote:
Oku wrote:
Bacon wrote:Dunkirk wont win. If Desplat beat Zimmer it def cant. You could read it all over Nolans face that he didnt want to be there.
What did his face look like? Got a pic?
Thanks.

Bacon appears to be correct, going off this pic.
Sanchez wrote:
Del Toro is a visionary who loves cinema and has worked his ass off for a long time. And he's made a few movies that I really like. But I can still be disappointed that Nolan didn't win. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, or blame Del Toro for it though.
Yes.