2017-2018 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Spert wrote:In your picks you put Detroit as a contender, a film that is getting worse reviews than Get Out did.
Stopped giving a damn about what you said after reading this. You obviously are clueless to how ratings and reviews work. A Valentine's Day romantic comedy can have better rating and a better tomatometer than a biopic but that doesn't make it the better film nor does it say much about it's Oscar chances. I'm surprised this is even something that needs to be explained lol. :facepalm:
Last edited by RIFA on August 4th, 2017, 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Master Virgo wrote:This is taking too long. Enough with the whole antagonizing business already. Stick with the topic please. Thank you very much.
And yes, I'm a very polite and well mannered tyrant, and I will make polite little puppets out of you lot yet.

£
Been on here for about 4 years somehow and everytime you post something, I imagine Kenneth Branagh typing itup and as he ends each quote with that pound symbol, a small smirk arises just before you hit enter.

RIFA wrote:
Spert wrote:In your picks you put Detroit as a contender, a film that is getting worse reviews than Get Out did.
Stopped giving a damn about what you said after reading this. You obviously are clueless to how ratings and reviews work. A Valentine's Day romantic comedy can have better rating and a better tomatometer than a biopic but that doesn't make it the better film nor does it say much about it's Oscar chances. I'm surprised this is even something that needs to be explained lol. :facepalm:
Lol at tomatometer

That isn't what I am comparing here.

Your entire logic is that Detroit is a better contender because it's a biopic

Surely that's the only reason because Detroit isn't going to do anywhere as well as Get Out did in any way of measurement

The studio might campaign more for Detroit but that's it.

Spert wrote:Your entire logic is that Detroit is a better contender because it's a biopic
What? I'm astonished. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean even if Detroit would have been a biopic... how the fuck did you not know that certain genres fare better with award shows and for a god damn good reason?!

Are we really going to compare the subject matter, execution and implications of a film like Detroit with a mild summer thriller hit like Get Out that gets praise because nothing worthy is being done in it's field anyway and there's pretty much 0 competition within that genre? I mean Get Out is fine like I said a million times before but Award worthy? What fucking drugs are you taking? I mean fuck let's nominate Annabelle since it's at 100% rottentomatoes and gets rave reviews for being the scariest movie in two years lol. :facepalm:

Based on your logic Baby Driver is a better film than Arrival and should be nominated instead if they were competing because it has better ratings. You're the one who fucking said this. Seriously logout and go away.

RIFA wrote:
Spert wrote:Your entire logic is that Detroit is a better contender because it's a biopic
What? I'm astonished. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean even if Detroit would have been a biopic... how the fuck did you not know that certain genres fare better with award shows and for a god damn good reason?!

Are we really going to compare the subject matter, execution and implications of a film like Detroit with a mild summer thriller hit like Get Out that gets praise because nothing worthy is being done in it's field anyway and there's pretty much 0 competition within that genre?

Based on your logic Baby Driver is a better film than Arrival and should be nominated instead if they were competing because it has better ratings. You're the one who fucking said this lol. Seriously logout and go away.
You act like the biopic genre is that good lol. The genre is trash and mostly just tryhard Oscar bait. You act like Get Out is just a mild hit like The Conjuring or Ouija 2 were. It's not. And if you seriously think it is, you are the one who needs to log out and go away.

Baby Driver got similar reception to Arrival. And I think Villenueve is a weak filmmaker, so yes I do think Baby Driver is much better than Arrival was.

I'm not saying Baby Driver will be an Oscars contender though because I have not heard any buzz for it being an Academy type film. I have heard a lot of buzz for Get Out though.

Thanks for making it easier for me. Now log off. But not before you admit you're Apocalypse.

Spert wrote:You act like the biopic genre is that good lol. The genre is trash and mostly just tryhard Oscar bait.
lol

You guys act like the biopic genre is a goldmine or something lmao

I would nominate films like The Conjuring anyday over garbage like Theory of Everything or the Imitation Game

RIFA wrote:Thanks for making it easier for me. Now log off. But not before you admit you're Apocalypse.
There you go again with your bullshit alt claims.

4N Legend wrote:Been on here for about 4 years somehow and everytime you post something, I imagine Kenneth Branagh typing itup and as he ends each quote with that pound symbol, a small smirk arises just before you hit enter.

£