Capone (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Tom Hardy is attached to play all-time American gangster Al Capone in Fonzo, a new project written and to be directed by Josh Trank. Russell Ackerman and John Schoenfelder of Addictive Pictures and Lawrence Bender are producing the pic, which centers on Capone in the final days of his life. The real-life Capone died in 1947 at age 48.

The pic, now in prepoduction centers on Alfonse Capone, the ruthless businessman and bootlegger who ruled Chicago with an iron fist before being famously taken down by Eliot Ness. After nearly a decade of imprisonment, dementia rots his mind and his past becomes present as harrowing memories of his violent and brutal origins melt into his waking life.

Trank most recently directed Fantastic Four at Fox after scoring with his debut feature Chronicle. Hardy is next up in Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk and Taboo, the FX/BBC One eight-part series produced by Ridley Scott due in 2017.
http://deadline.com/2016/10/tom-hardy-a ... 201845089/

Tom Hardy
is attached to play all-time American gangster Al Capone in Fonzo
written and to be directed by Josh Trank

sorry

Lmfao I'm sorry Josh. Tom is going to beat the fuckin piss out of you on set.

Cilogy wrote:
Tom Hardy
is attached to play all-time American gangster Al Capone in Fonzo
written and to be directed by Josh Trank

sorry
lol

word is he has a fantastic version of this that will receive great reviews

As much of a complete clusterfuck as Fant4stic was, it's good to see Trank's getting back in the game. After that mess and losing out of Star Wars that'd be enough for anyone to outright quit directing for good.

This will end with Hardy printing another set of t-shirts.

Everything about this project is just wrong.

Trank ready to trash another house, only this time Hardy will gladly help.

SilverHeart wrote:As much of a complete clusterfuck as Fant4stic was, it's good to see Trank's getting back in the game. After that mess and losing out of Star Wars that'd be enough for anyone to outright quit directing for good.
With the way he acts on and off set, I'd rather see him stop making movies.

I think Trank has something to prove, maybe he got his act together. Hardy playing Capone is something I've wanted to see for a very long time. Will be interesting to see who Trank gets to fill out the rest of the cast with a talent like Hardy attached in the lead.