Red Dead Redemption 2

A place to discuss music and video games.
Cilogy wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 8:22 am
15 hours left on download

what in the rootin' tootin' fuck

prince, hold me
I bought the game an hour ago. The install has 45 minutes left.

So is there actually something weird going on with the release for this game in some areas? On Amazon there are some bad reviews because hey aren’t getting the game until like a week after launch and on Facebook someone was posting people were pissed because not every retailer was getting it today or something. Was that all BS? I went to a few places today and all had a ton.

ChristNolan wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 9:32 pm
Cilogy wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 8:22 am
15 hours left on download

what in the rootin' tootin' fuck

prince, hold me
I bought the game an hour ago. The install has 45 minutes left.
my install took like 75 minutes too

-Vader

what the fuck

fuck this bullshit man

Saint Denis... like, words are inadequate. Maybe the most incredible video game environment ever created.

was at 5 hours

just plugged in a LAN cable

now its 55 minutes

fuck me hard

what's wrong with me

controls and aiming are touchy, like most R* games

But otheriwse holy frozen horse balls

Cilogy wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 1:51 am
controls and aiming are touchy, like most R* games

But otheriwse holy frozen horse balls
I still can’t believe how a company that has the ability to create such believable and interesting world can mess up the basics. More reviewers should’ve mentioned it for sure and here’s hoping ACG and AJ will. The game is a masterpiece, albeit a messy one. 🕷️

I feel like I'm missing something since the respawn mechanic in RDR2 has to be the worst I've ever seen.

I died with a legendary pelt on my horse (random ambush by Driscolls) and as far as I can tell it's impossible to retrieve since you respawn near a random big town or city without any of your items any longer. Went back to where I died and the pelt isn't there.

So apparently if you're carrying something on your horse and you die, it's lost forever. If so, that's a pretty lame mechanic.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 4:31 am
I feel like I'm missing something since the respawn mechanic in RDR2 has to be the worst I've ever seen.

I died with a legendary pelt on my horse (random ambush by Driscolls) and as far as I can tell it's impossible to retrieve since you respawn near a random big town or city without any of your items any longer. Went back to where I died and the pelt isn't there.

So apparently if you're carrying something on your horse and you die, it's lost forever. If so, that's a pretty lame mechanic.

-Vader
Yeah I feel like it works like this vague, you’re lucky to be alive, mechanic. But it’s still a game, Rockstar.🕷️