Disobedience (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Rachel McAdams is in negotiations to star in adaptation of the Naomi Alderman novel “Disobedience,” opposite Rachel Weisz.

Weisz will produce alongside Ed Guiney, who will produce through his Element Pictures shingle, Frida Torresblanco, who will produce through her banner Braven Films, and Film 4. Sebastian Lelio direct the film based on a script he co-wrote with Rebecca Lenkiewicz.

In the original book, the story follows young woman (Weisz) who returns to her Orthodox Jewish home after learning about the death of her estranged father. She causes an upheaval in the quiet community when she rekindles a repressed love with her best friend – a woman now married to her cousin. McAdams will play the best friend in the pic.

Production is expected to get under way in the first quarter of 2017.

McAdams is coming off a strong 2015 with HBO’s “True Detective,” The Weinstein Company’s “Southpaw,” and Open Road’s “Spotlight,” which earned her an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress. She can next be seen in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” opposite Benedict Cumberbatch and Tilda Swinton, which opens Nov. 4.

She is repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment.
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/rache ... 201876705/

Sold.

Allstar wrote:In the original book, the story follows young woman (Weisz) who returns to her Orthodox Jewish home after learning about the death of her estranged father. She causes an upheaval in the quiet community when she rekindles a repressed love with her best friend – a woman now married to her cousin. McAdams will play the best friend in the pic.

Nonetheless I like both so I'm in.£

Well that's the book, I'm sure the screenplay made some changes like they usually do.

wew

Still have no way to see A Fantastic Woman. Any suggestions?

Rachel Weisz is a true artist/genius for being the one who started the making of this film. There’s a scene where her character says “I have to get some air” and that’s basically how I reacted when I was really into it.

I’ve had this film on Blu-ray for a year now and I still haven’t made it through the hotel scene because I’m afraid that I won’t get the optimal experience. It's the same reason why I haven't watched Interstellar since the theater. I know it's potentially one of my favorite films but since I had such a perfect taste of what it can give me I don't want to ruin it by watching it when I'm not in the ideal mood. At a certain point you have to stop worrying that things won't work out and give it your full attention.

im not very familiar with Lelio`s filmography, i`ve only seen a fantastic woman, wich i liked mostly, i have a friend who`s seen Gloria and she liked it, but other than that im not such a big big fan right now, my favourite aspect of his films is the photography, almost always by Benjamin echazarreta, his work is among the best of any DP`s in this country, but thats not the case with this movie, im kinda sad that both Sebastian and Pablo Larrain didnt get to bring their DP`s with them for their productions in the states, its a bit infair.