The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Eh, not feeling that Hakuna Matata clip at all...

Serkis did mostly great with Mowgli imo. Bale/Bagheera was the highlight, I loved Bale's work and the CG of the mo-cap he did. It's just a pity Baloo looked pretty crooked...

Here, like with Jungle Book, Favreau just went with photorealistic CG but it doesn't mix well with the talking and singing...

balegheera

c'mon man. you had one job.

Nauta wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 1:37 am
Batfan175 wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 12:55 am
These remakes still don't have a reason to exist beyond exploiting your childhood nostalgia for better versions of these stories. Go watch those original films at home instead. Chances are, you'll have a better time watching those than wasting your cash on this.
"Exploiting your childhood nostalgia"? Alrighty then.

I don't really care about these disney remakes, only seen one, The Jungle Book, which was fine, but these remakes don't have to be "as good" or "better time" than the original for people to feel happy about these new ones, even if I personally don't care for them (I know, weird concept right? what other people like is not up to you).
Just, 'different' can be enough, like, I'd probably watch an animated remake of the Dark Knight if they made one with a huge budget and A-list actors; Bale, Caine and Oldman coming back to voice the characters. They could even cast Beyonce as Rachel and have an added musical number in the movie I wouldn't mind, I'd be curious.
Or maybe they could cast actual voice actors instead of A-list celebrities to voice these characters.

59% on RT after over 100 reviews.

Pratham wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 11:55 am
balegheera

c'mon man. you had one job.
fuk

Rotten Tomatoes doesn't affect The Lion King so don't even bother. Probably less than 1% of the people who will be watching TLK have check RT. This thing probably is going to make close to $2billion if that crappy movie like The Jungle Book is an indication.

Skyab23 wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 2:34 pm
59% on RT after over 100 reviews.
Do you have any counterpoint to my response in The Little Mermaid thread?

LEXX wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 3:23 pm
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't affect The Lion King so don't even bother. Probably less than 1% of the people who will be watching TLK have check RT. This thing probably is going to make close to $2billion if that crappy movie like The Jungle Book is an indication.
The general public isn't directly cognizant of Rotten Tomatoes scores, but the scores do matter as a reflection the film's quality, its public reception, and the film's image that potential viewers will see in the media. Disney can't benefit from advertising "certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes". The however small percentage of viewers that do care about Rotten Tomatoes will have their likelihood of watching it reduced.