The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... lion-king/
We can officially confirm that The Walt Disney Studios and director Jon Favreau are putting a new reimagining of The Lion King on the fast track to production. The project follows the technologically groundbreaking smash hit The Jungle Book, directed by Favreau, which debuted in April and has earned $965.8 million worldwide.

The Lion King builds on Disney’s success of reimagining its classics for a contemporary audience with films like Maleficent, Cinderella, and The Jungle Book. The upcoming Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle, is already one of the most anticipated movies of 2017. Like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King will include songs from the animated film. Disney and Favreau are also in development on a sequel to The Jungle Book. No release date has been announced for either film.

It was only a matter of time.

Aladdin's probably next.

As Expected. Although I didn't realise The Jungle Book made that much money.

You can't blame Disney. Blame audiences, who dictates these stupid yet profitable decisions.

What's next? The Little Mermaid directed by James Wan?

Dobson wrote:What's next? The Little Mermaid directed by James Wan?
Mer-man, more like.

Ag no man. :(
Do I dare ask who is doing the score?

Two Untitled Disney movies for summer and Christmas 2018 - my guess is Christmas is going to be reserved for Lion King. But look at the crowd there - Han Solo anthology and Avatar sequel (?)... Soon we'll have a crowded blockbuster January, February AND September just you wait.

Sigh.