The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:35 am
I fully expect Glover to be a significant improvement over Broderick though. Easily the weakest link in the original cast.£
No

Replacing Broderick is one thing, replacing John Williams' cokehead Toto-fronting son as Simba's singing voice is entirely another.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
June 1st, 2019, 1:52 pm
Replacing Broderick is one thing, replacing John Williams' cokehead Toto-fronting son as Simba's singing voice is entirely another.
It won't be as distracting, that's for sure. The voice change used to freak me out as a kid.

Lions of both sexes may interact homosexually. Lions are shown to be involved in group homosexual and courtship activities; males will also head-rub and roll around with each other before simulating sex together.
c'mon disney, let's see some of that lion orgy

Why even announce it if you're just going to put TBA on one of the original tracks lol.

A Disney song performed by John Oliver, that's not something I thought I would ever see.

I guess my main issue from what I've seen so far from the trailers, etc. is that the 2D animated film got emotions across so well because that's one of the strengths of 90s Disney's hand-drawn animation and it is part of what makes me go back these animated films over and over. The colour scheme just feels so much more vibrant too. This is going for realistic looking lions in a grey-brown environment, which is not particularly interesting to look at.

This movie is inevitably going to be acclaimed, be lauded for its gorgeous visuals, and make a fuckload of money, probably near a billion.

Hopefully, though, it bombs. These remakes are such a waste. What if they used the same resources to tell an original story or develop a spirtual successor? The visuals will no doubt be dated in twenty years and are already to someone with a keen eye. The original animation will remain better and age better.

Geoffrey wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 12:26 pm
This movie is inevitably going to be acclaimed, be lauded for its gorgeous visuals, and make a fuckload of money, probably near two billion.
Fixed