The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Smith was great in Aladdin

Planned to see this in IMAX since I haven't seen the original (even if I did, I don't remember), and I couldn't and I'm kinda bummed about it.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 8:39 pm
Planned to see this in IMAX since I haven't seen the original (even if I did, I don't remember), and I couldn't and I'm kinda bummed about it.
Why would you ever watch this if you can't remember seeing the original? Watch the original.

Bacon wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 8:58 pm
Why would you ever watch this if you can't remember seeing the original? Watch the original.
In general, I'm not into animation but I'll definitely watch the original soon. I just wanted to experience the movie on the big screen because it's different than watching a movie on a laptop or a TV.

Also, whenever a remake is made, I prefer to watch the new version then watch the original to go in blind (as much as possible).

AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 9:42 pm
Bacon wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 8:58 pm
In general, I'm not into animation but I'll definitely watch the original soon. I just wanted to experience the movie on the big screen because it's different than watching a movie on a laptop or a TV.

Also, whenever a remake is made, I prefer to watch the new version then watch the original to go in blind (as much as possible).
If you want to watch the remake because it interests you whereas the original might just not have grabbed your attention, I say do it. You don't need to justify your intrigue in one over the other.

BrandX wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 9:51 pm
If you want to watch the remake because it interests you whereas the original might just not have grabbed your attention, I say do it. You don't need to justify your intrigue in one over the other.
Let's see if I'll be able to catch it before it's out of cinemas.

The Lion King passes The Avengers to become the seventh highest grossing film ever worldwide with $1.59 Billion