The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anikom15 wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 2:26 pm
Disney knows this is a one off financial success and there’s nothing left for them to do. No use wasting money on potentially failing products.
Yeah, what's at stake here really? It's only jobs and people's livelihood. Also, who said their product was failing? The CG effects were the only decent thing about this film from what I hear.

Batfan175 wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 6:16 pm
anikom15 wrote:
Disney knows this is a one off financial success and there’s nothing left for them to do. No use wasting money on potentially failing products.
Yeah, what's at stake here really? It's only jobs and people's livelihood. Also, who said their product was failing? The CG effects were the only decent thing about this film from what I hear.
There’s a reason Disney is the most successful movie studio in the world.

anikom15 wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 5:28 am
Batfan175 wrote:
anikom15 wrote:

And I'm sure someone else is happy about or impressed by that. Don't think the people working at that VFX studio are among those people though.

Batfan175 wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 9:44 am
anikom15 wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:

And I'm sure someone else is happy about or impressed by that. Don't think the people working at that VFX studio are among those people though.
You need to chill tf out. I’m not trying to impress you, or say what they’re doing is right. I’m explaining why they are doing it even though this movie was a financial success because the article doesn’t do that and is terribly written.

anikom15 wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 12:40 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 9:44 am
anikom15 wrote:

You need to chill tf out. I’m not trying to impress you, or say what they’re doing is right. I’m explaining why they are doing it even though this movie was a financial success because the article doesn’t do that and is terribly written.
I appreciate that. I can still express my sadness for people losing a job they love, yes?I get the reasoning behind Disney's decision-making but I also have the right to dislike it because it showcases again a cutthroat and uncaring mentality on the part of the people making decisions at the Disney company and likely the entire corporate culture there.

everything the sun touches is our kingdom... except for that vfx studio over there. fuck those guys.

finally saw this and it is a great embarrassment

-Vader

could you elaborate?

for the lolz of course because this movie lol