The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the_red_ninja wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 5:10 am
Anyone else feel like Beyonce was a miscast?
Visuals and soundtrack is great. Kinda relieved they didn't change the narrative.
Was Scar always thirsty for Sarabi ?
Well, there is this scene that was deleted from the original, which is definitely creepy:

the_red_ninja wrote:
Visuals and soundtrack is great. Kinda relieved they didn't change the narrative.
Beyoncé can’t act. Actually, she probably could, if her ego wasn’t so big.

the_red_ninja wrote:
Miscast? You can hired the best voice actors and it wouldn't change a thing. The CGI animal facial expressions are as dead as a door knob.

LEXX wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 3:49 pm
the_red_ninja wrote:
Miscast? You can hired the best voice actors and it wouldn't change a thing. The CGI animal facial expressions are as dead as a door knob.
I actually appreciated that it wasn't crazy animated expressions. The genuine animal behaviour (for example ZaZu was fascinating to watch) added to this being a 'live action' adaptation. if there were animated expressions it could have easily fallen into Flinstones' animatronics or Scooby Doo cgi.

Beyonce just sounded like Beyonce yo. took me out of it at times.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 12:26 pm
Well, there is this scene that was deleted from the original, which is definitely creepy:
Ew indeed.

From Reddit:

Nightmare fuel.

There's only one way to 'fix' this movie.

It's to erase it from collective mind.

I feel like I didn’t give this movie a chance tbh. I watched it in theaters on day 1, but since I was taking my sister with me, we went to see the dubbed version. The moment you realize they dubbed all of the songs too, my entire mood was so ruined I could barely snap out of it for the entirety of the film. So like, I did see it, but I also feel like I didn’t.

The visuals were really impressive though. Incomparable to the original, but the visual effects were stunning.

Ruth wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 4:11 am
I feel like I didn’t give this movie a chance tbh. I watched it in theaters on day 1, but since I was taking my sister with me, we went to see the dubbed version. The moment you realize they dubbed all of the songs too, my entire mood was so ruined I could barely snap out of it for the entirety of the film. So like, I did see it, but I also feel like I didn’t.

The visuals were really impressive though. Incomparable to the original, but the visual effects were stunning.
I watched it in 4DX and african savanna constantly smelled like vanilla, which was probably bullshit.

ugh this movie

I haven't even seen it lol

Neither have I.

This and Aladdin both.