The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The similarities matter as much as they do with Interstellar/Contact or Inception/Paprika.

Who cares, when the movie is a masterpiece.

And I have about as much nostalgia from Leo the Lion, as I have from The Lion King.

OST is available for streaming, embargo lifts in 45 mins.

Man, I saw the original in cinema when I was 7, still remember every detail of that night.

That's awesome m4. I saw this for the first time at home, don't remember how young I was lol

But it will always manage to give me goosebumps, it's a roller coaster of emotions for me lol

Critics are telling the exact same story, just with a different score in the end: if you loved the original, this is practically the same thing, only in dazzling photoreal environment. Now, that CGI in particular changes the score significantly whether one liked it or not.

I mean the soundtrack is already solid so even if this is awful, we got that.

Most seem to think that Ejiofor does a respectable job here.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 11:22 am
The similarities matter as much as they do with Interstellar/Contact or Inception/Paprika.

Who cares, when the movie is a masterpiece.

And I have about as much nostalgia from Leo the Lion, as I have from The Lion King.
That's not the point. The point is that Disney bullied and trying to cease and desist on Tezuka productions for distributing Kimba. They outright trying to deny and lie about it right to this day. It wouldn't have come to this IF they have said The Lion King was influenced by Kimba.

Shakespeare's Hamlet. LMAO! So not only did they ripoff Kimba The White Lion but borrow from Hamlet and proclaim it as "original".

Borrowing from Hamlet is legit not a big deal because so much of film and literature is taken from Shakespeare whether directly or indirectly and they are still considered original.

It's a literature joke that you can find Bible or Shakespeare allusions in everything you read.

So they turn an animation masterpiece into cringy shot-for-shot live version. This is going to make money so I don't think Disney is going to give a shit. I wonder if they saw this and and decided to turn Mulan into a more serious live version(The Ballad of Mulan) away from the animation.