No Magic For 'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Debut

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I think it did so poorly because people didn't know it was opening early, they are used to Friday openings.

$3 million on opening day? Wow.

There seems to be little to no interest for this, even amongst general moviegoers.

I'm not hoping this movie fails, but hopefully this could at least mean a lot of people will flock to Inception.

I really wanted that movie to go well

NOT :JGLface:

heh, it was a Wednesday and the film wasn't exactly attracting any buzz, I don't know what they were expecting

That's Brukeheimer's second flop of the summer :think:

Yeah I'm wondering what Disney was thinking. Sorcerer's Apprentice cost just about as much as Inception, but not only does it look crappy, they even practically gave up on marketing it too.

dagn96 wrote:I really wanted that movie to go well

NOT :JGLface:
Borat? Is that you?

Anita18 wrote:Yeah I'm wondering what Disney was thinking. Sorcerer's Apprentice cost just about as much as Inception, but not only does it look crappy, they even practically gave up on marketing it too.
Really? It cost that much? Jeez, I wonder how much the marketing costed too. I've been seeing ads for that movie everywhere.

chee wrote:
Anita18 wrote:Yeah I'm wondering what Disney was thinking. Sorcerer's Apprentice cost just about as much as Inception, but not only does it look crappy, they even practically gave up on marketing it too.
Really? It cost that much? Jeez, I wonder how much the marketing costed too. I've been seeing ads for that movie everywhere.
BOM doesn't have the budget up, but I've heard it's north of $150 million. So...not as much as Inception but certainly getting up there. :lol:

I've only seen the wayward TV spot. They're not really making it out to be an event, which is what they have to do to recoup the costs.