Box Office Dojo

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
"It’s no longer enough for a film of this nature to make money or be even enough to be perceived as profitable."

All I said was Cruise's movies almost always make money. Is he Dwayne Johnson? No, but he's still one of the rarest draws today. Especially internationally. Denzel is up there too. DiCaprio might be the best of them.

-Vader

In other news, Black Panther finally hit 700 mil. mark, domestic. Congrats! I wasn't in love with the movie, at all, but this is a milestone. :clap: 🕷

Weekend actuals came in and Fallout had a 42% drop, 7% less than RN. 🕷️

(Star Wars is bolded because image was made for another website)

(derived from the top 200 wide openings data per month from Box Office Mojo; excludes re-releases.)

200 M worldwide of an opening for Venom and PB is only half of that. Suffice to say, Sony is going to continue cooking these stuff up.£

If that’s enough to put him in a Spider-Man movie, where he belongs... But who knows how the deal goes after Far From Home. 🕷️

Halloween just delivered the second biggest opening ever for any horror film in history. GG Laurie Strode.🕷️

Rhapsody scores an excellent 141M opening worldwide. With a budget of only 50M the film is, as expected, a commercial success. With an A from cinemascore, it should also prove to have a leggy run throughout the upcoming weeks.£

I'm honestly impressed. Was not expecting that for Rhapsody at all.

Shyamalan's GLASS Expected To Make $70m Domestic Debut
Universal Pictures' Glass is expected to earn $70 to $75 million in its domestic opening weekend, according to Variety. That would be over triple its reported $20m budget.
https://www.newsarama.com/43274-shyamal ... debut.html

🕷