Roma (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Alfonso Cuarón Plans New Movie In Return To Mexico
Alfonso Cuarón is teaming with Participant Media on his next feature film, an untitled project he is writing and directing. The movie will chronicle a year in the life of a middle-class family in Mexico City in the early 1970s, and production is slated to begin in Mexico this fall. It will be the Oscar winner’s first movie shot there since his breakout 2001 hit Y Tu Mamá También.

Cuarón, Gabriela Rodriguez and Nicolás Celis are producing. Participant’s Jeff Skoll, David Linde and Jonathan King will executive produce.

Cuarón’s won the Best Director Oscar for his last film Gravity, which was nominated for seven Oscars in 2014 including Best Picture and won seven.

Nice to see Cuarón scaling back in scope to something a bit more intimate and personal. I just hope he can get Chivo behind the camera since he's rather in demand right now.

Speaking of which, and going completely off topic, but has Chivo ever shot any of del Toro's films? That would be an incredible pairing.

Only problem is I don't believe in Del Toro's ability anymore.

RIFA wrote:Only problem is I don't believe in Del Toro's ability anymore.
lol true

nice Cuarón is working on something

This is going to be Cuaron's fuck you to Donald Trump.

Wow...another crazy anticipated film for 2017. What a year.

Cuaron is one of the most exciting and probably the most versatile director working right now. Such a shame he spent so much time on Gravity. It's good no doubt, but was not worth all the time that went into it imo.

Ironic that you call Cuaron versatile and then blast Gravity... which is one of the movies that actually do prove his versatility as a director.

RIFA wrote:Ironic that you call Cuaron versatile and then blast Gravity... which is one of the movies that actually do prove his versatility as a director.
So much this. Going from native drama to Potter isn't enough to call him versatile, adding Gravity most definitely is.

RIFA wrote:Ironic that you call Cuaron versatile and then blast Gravity... which is one of the movies that actually do prove his versatility as a director.
I said I really like it but I'm not sure it was worth spending 6-7 years on it when I prefer most of his other films

Rewatched Y Tu Mama Tambien recently, it's a masterpiece