Roma (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 2:13 pm
Artemis wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 1:36 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 1:33 pm
Is this my favorite film of the year? Probably not but I really liked it a lot. I want to see it again ASAP. Yalitza Aparicio to me is the best thing about this film. Her performance and her presence is just incredible.
I know right? This is her very first movie too but her performance was just so freaking incredible. I hope she ends up having an awesome career. She's a natural at acting.
Absolutely. I was really wondering if she wants to continue acting or this is just a one time thing for her and luckily one reporter asked her this exact questions and I think we will see her in other projects. And my gosh she's really gorgeous.
Did you see her Vogue Mexico cover? She is very pretty!

Artemis wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 2:18 pm
Did you see her Vogue Mexico cover? She is very pretty!

Oh yes. I started following her on Instagram and I'm seriously liking ever single post :D

She’s very beautiful and just goes to prove that sometimes talent is just talent. Training and school can be of massive benefit, but it isn’t rocket science, and you don’t necessarily need drama school “degrees” to be a great actor. So I’m not utterly shocked a first timer turned out to be great. She had such genuine warmth to her, it’d be incredibly hard to not find yourself somewhat attached to Cleo.

Besides, indigenous actors deserve more mainstream chances too. They make up for a chunk of Mexican population, yet still are so massively overlooked. Same goes for all Latin American countries.

She was a school teacher before acting. When I learned that about her, it made the scenes with the children so much more heartwarming and cuddly. She and the child actors were fantastic on screen and you could tell there was a genuine connection that translated incredibly well on screen.

Master Virgo wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 8:08 am
That reminds me, why the heck haven't I done the NFometer for this yet. Gosh I've become lazy.£
You didn't do one for Spider-Verse either.

Mark me down for 7/10 (positive)

10/10 for me.

Definitely a 10/10

10/10 if you’re doing it virgo

this movie should be banned on televisions