Roma (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 4:39 pm
In Allstar's defense, he posted multiple times in all caps about how Trump ruled and hasn't elaborated on anything or to anyone, so he's not really going out of his way to stop himself from being generalized.
That changes things a bit. I myself haven't seen him say anything political lately so I was going off of that.

It was a while back, but still. I don't really have a lot of sympathy for him if someone calls him out.

Not encouraging aggression though. I feel Allstar's post was somewhat relevant considering the film's subject matter.

Bacon wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 4:50 pm
It was a while back, but still. I don't really have a lot of sympathy for him if someone calls him out.

Not encouraging aggression though. I feel Allstar's post was somewhat relevant considering the film's subject matter.
Yeah I can definitely see that for sure.

I just know that this year I'd like to try to not bring up old bullshit myself when interacting with others on here because I do know that people change and what opinions they held yesterday they may not hold anymore.

So I have two minds about all this.

Allstar wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 3:55 pm
This movie really humanizes the Mexican people in a very profound way. It’s surprising a supporter of Trump would appreciate this considering his rhetoric of demhunaizing the Mexican people as rapists and criminals. Art is political, sorry for bringing up an observation.
No need to be sorry. After all I was just reacting to your mechanical, typical short posting. You can always do better, like... how you posted the second time. And that is more important topic than calling out a fellow member, even if he truly is what you say, no? Let’s not carry this further, feel free to stop me if I ever do something similar in the future cause this site deserves better. Cheers mate.

My two cents on the matter: Trump can go fuck himself and watch Citizen Kane 2 for all I care. Movies like this need to happen more often; deeply rooted in whatever culture and uncompromising. I watched Black Panther yesterday with my father and, despite not really liking it from day one, I understood the importance and felt like we’re moving in the right direction after all.🕷️

Great reaction by Cuaron

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it but, they're going to screen this in 70mm

Nomis wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 9:59 am
I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it but, they're going to screen this in 70mm
Do your best to see it, it looks and sounds incredible.