Roma (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Amazing. Easily my favorite of the year and top 3 Cuaron with Children of Men/Y Tu Mama

The photography may just be the best I’ve ever seen.

Saw it in 4K Atmos and cannot recommend enough to see it in a theater. It is a unique experience.

It’s pure cinema, really.

Who shot this movie? Cuaron or Galo Olivares?

This was just breathtaking. Went in with high expectations and was blown away. Easily top 3 of the year for me, if not #1 or #2.

But God am I furious that this isn't in regular theaters. Hearing that soundscape in surround was like 60% of the experience for me, and the fact that most of people watching this probably won't get that same experience just makes me sad.

If this is a sign that putting films like this directly to streaming will be more common in the future, this is nothing but a gigantic step backwards for the art of film.

Did Cuaron go to Netflix first, or was nobody else interested? Not sure which of those two options are worse to be honest.

Which one is better? Some people getting to watch this at home and help the film earn money or those people not seeing it at all, and the film ends up struggling at the box office?£

Master Virgo wrote:
December 15th, 2018, 5:50 pm
Which one is better? Some people getting to watch this at home and help the film earn money or those people not seeing it at all, and the film ends up struggling at the box office?£
The answer should be obvious

People treat this as some kind of tragedy for ~real film~ and it’s true if the only way to see films like this in the future will be on streaming services, but the truth is less mainstream stuff has been put on the back burner for years, and a lot of people wouldn’t even get the chance to see stuff for months at all

it’s not netflix or amazon prime’s (or whatever) fault, it’s us. It’s pretty much just us, we just don’t want to see any of these films enough to go out and pay for the theatrical experience. It’s not a complete black and white issue, there are lots of variables that have accumulated over the years that worsen the issue for everybody, but at the end of the day, the industry gives us what we want.

everyone should watch this movie twice opening weekend on Netflix then see it in theaters

that's the answer

this might sound silly but i actually let it play on my tv when I ran errands just to give Netflix streaming data that it's being watched. every little bit helps.

-Vader