Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Terminator Dark Fate: The very best thing about this film is that Linda Hamilton is back as Sarah Connor and oh my god that was glorious, every single second she was in the film. It's amazing to see her grace the screen as Sarah Connor again.
Now, as for the rest of the film I was a bit surprised by where it was going and I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. For instance, they really went there with
subverting T2, with that de-aging scene where John is in fact killed by the T800, a rather nihilistic and drastic approach to make John something else in this film instead of you know, still going with John. I both get it and am a little saddened... They really did Sarah dirty like that but on the other hand, it does work for this films' story... Bit it still makes me sad.
I did like what they did with Arnold's character and how it reconnected with Sarah, in a weird way lol but still. Schwarzenegger delivers good work. It was a good decision to introduce him late in the film but I must say the audience reacted really good at his comedic timing lol, something which was almost entirely absent in the first half of the film.
As for the action, at first it was edited like crazy but I either got used to it or the setpieces became better as the film progressed, idk. Anyway, Davis is a welcome addition to the franchise, I quite liked her role and performance. Luna was convincing as the new Terminator. And Ramos was fine.
It's just a pity that they used so many VFX in the film. Technology is indeed pretty impressive now and they keep improving themselves but less is more and it just hurts the film whenever the VFX are just poor. Sadly more often than it is impressive.

In the end, I think it would've been better Cameron directed this himself, as I've always said after T2 lol. I think he's the only one who could've come close to the first two films.

Parasite

9.6/10

Wow :o

MONEYBALL

I don't want to say this movie is underrated, cause I know it got a fair deal of acclaim, but damn does it feel forgotten about.

Brad Pitt's portrayal of Billy Beane is deceptively simple and one of his best performances. Wally Pfister crushed it and gave us the sexiest looking baseball film. The screenplay is full of heart and rich thematic ideas.

Also where the hell did Bennett Miller go?

How can you not be romantic about baseball?

TeddyBlass wrote:
November 10th, 2019, 8:37 pm

MONEYBALL

I don't want to say this movie is underrated, cause I know it got a fair deal of acclaim, but damn does it feel forgotten about.

Brad Pitt's portrayal of Billy Beane is deceptively simple and one of his best performances. Wally Pfister crushed it and gave us the sexiest looking baseball film. The screenplay is full of heart and rich thematic ideas.

One of the best films of the current decade

You Were Never Really Here

well now I'm fucking depressed again

Forum Pro
TeddyBlass wrote:

MONEYBALL

Me and my friends all read Moneyball together when we were sophomores in High School in 2009. We started our fantasy baseball league that year too, the same 6 core guys with some new baseball friends in too. We always joke that Moneyball is our Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I know a sequel is being worked on.

The movie is incredible but like it’s subject matter, it has been forgotten about. I think it’s easily one of the best movies of the decade. I love Pfister’s work in the film. I believe Sorkin wrote the script first but then Zaillian came on to replace him but I think he made a great decision with keeping all the Sorkinisms in the script, albeit toning them down. And choosing the winning streak as the climax was a stroke of genius.

Is Bennett Miller in Director jail?

Joshua Strong wrote:
November 10th, 2019, 11:46 pm
Is Bennett Miller in Director jail?
His last film earned him his second Oscar nom for Best Director, so unlikely. He's probably just in creative jail. Doesn't help he chose a tired story at a failing production company as his next project.

Cilogy wrote:
November 10th, 2019, 11:18 pm
You Were Never Really Here

well now I'm fucking depressed again

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
November 10th, 2019, 9:51 pm
TeddyBlass wrote:

MONEYBALL

One of the best films of the current decade
Brad's best performance too.

Star Trek Into Darkness
So yeah, kinda pales in comparison to 2009 and maybe not as good as Beyond.