Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Panic Room

Fuck Yes. I never saw the two hours pass and could hardly breathe for the last hour. A wonderful genre exercice.

The Game

Fuck No. Easily Fincher's worst (never saw Alien 3) and one of my least favorite cop-out endings ever. I hate to use the word plothole, but there's like dozens in there. Horrible script

Detour

It's only an hour long but it's such a great and engaging noir.

Pickup on South Street

I definitely have some of those "SJW" qualms with this but it was an engaging film and Jean Peters was great as was Thelma Ritter.

American Animals
Top 10 for 2018

Laura

This is the type of content I live for tbh. Great mix of murder mystery, romance, and drama. Loved the twists and turns and the last five minutes were intense af.

Artemis wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 11:00 pm
Laura

This is the type of content I live for tbh. Great mix of murder mystery, romance, and drama. Loved the twists and turns and the last five minutes were intense af.
I recommend Where the Sidewalk Ends and the lesser Whirlpool as the other great Preminger noirs at Fox

ArmandFancypants wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 11:23 pm
Artemis wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 11:00 pm
Laura

I recommend Where the Sidewalk Ends and the lesser Whirlpool as the other great Preminger noirs at Fox
Added to the watchlist!

SUSPIRIA (2018)

Need to sit on this more, but the editing/score were fucking great. Still not a fan of Luca Guadagnino and don't see the hype

The Killers (1946)

It was super creative how they expanded upon a 6 page short story. I liked how it was told in the style of Citizen Kane.

Really great noir.

Shoplifters
Just brilliant. What an insane year for foreign films.
4N Legend wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 2:48 pm
American Animals
Top 10 for 2018
It's such a great experience. Wish more people would have watched it.