Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Transformers 5.... Last Knight....Whatever

Popcorn fun. I'm just here for the scenery.

I'm curious how much did it take to get Sir Anthony Hopkins to sign on for this. I wonder what that breaks down per line.

Mark Wahlberg what can you say?

"Hey I'm Mark Wahlberg, you know me!" "Lets go talk to some Transformers"

"Hey Decepticon, hows it going?............................

Netflix's Bright.

I had a lot of fun with this unlike my time with Suicide Squad.

7.1/10

Prisoners

This was amazing. Denis is a master.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
What are other members' opinions on this one? I'm going through Kubrick's films (some for the first time) and I rarely hear people talk about them besides 2001.

Bacon wrote:What are other members' opinions on this one? I'm going through Kubrick's films (some for the first time) and I rarely hear people talk about them besides 2001.
Check out Barry Lyndon; beautiful cinematography all lit with natural light. The big ones such as The Shining and Clockwork are obvious as to why they're so worshipped. There's a lot to find, a lot to uncover, and I'm not just talking about the conspiracy theories, most of which grasp at straws. I honestly believe Kubrick's more controversial and diverse films like Eyes Wide Shut and Lolita are among his best.

All of his films score a ten from me, minus Spartacus, The Killing, and Killer's Kiss.

I think if you were to go through various genres of film over the course of its short history, Kubrick's films would most likely come out on top, or at least in the top three. War? Full Metal Jacket. Sci-fi? 2001. The epic? Spartacus. Horror? You get my drift. Not many directors can hold a candle to that one.

I fucking adore Eyes Wide Shut and Paths of Glory.

-Vader

Might be a dumb question (spoilers for Strangelove):
Does Strangelove standing up signify the hidden potential for Nazism to rise in the midst of these ways of thinking or is it something related to his sexual nature (as almost every character in the film is struggling with sexual insecurities and such)? Or both? Not sure if that question made sense. It's 2am lol

Haven't seen enough Kubrick, but it's my second fave after 2001.

Bacon wrote:Might be a dumb question (spoilers for Strangelove):
Does Strangelove standing up signify the hidden potential for Nazism to rise in the midst of these ways of thinking or is it something related to his sexual nature (as almost every character in the film is struggling with sexual insecurities and such)? Or both? Not sure if that question made sense. It's 2am lol
In addition to ^ this question, I'm also curious as to how people on here feel about the movie Fail-Safe.

Léon: The Professional- 8/10

Needed more Oldman. And the two leads were good.

Lumet is a master