Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Finally watched this. It's very hopeful and feel good. Swayze just oozes charisma.

RAMPAGE

Honestly not that bad. Pretty enjoyable. The CGI was actually very good and imo better than Jurassic World's

Very entertaining. Stellar performances and a nice story. It has aged very well.

Finally got to take one of my all-time favorite movies off my Big Screen Bucket List today:

Holy the fuck... I loved this movie. It elaborates on all the emotions I felt while watching Wonder Woman, but explores some themes that you barely see ever in movies. It's so fascinating yet so entertaining and so sexy. Such a quiet gem of a movie.

A Prayer Before Dawn

One pure raw experience. Honestly it should be classified as almost a horror film because the situation Billy was in was terrifying to watch. Joe Cole gives such a great performance. This one should not be missed.

On a side note: Why isnt A24 promoting anything for this film like they do with all their other "big" ones? It seems like they specifically choose the more mainstream films that they can advertise. All these A24 fanatic people will probably not see this one because A24 seems like they dont care about it and its one hell of an impactful film

It's a pretty damn good film indeed, highly recommended

Armand, Vader, MV, Ruth, m4, C8, Cil: y'all seen it already?

Lost River
Directed and written but not starring Ryan Gosling
Starring Iain De Caestecker, Christina Hendricks, Saoirse Ronan
"'Lost River' is a dark fairy tale about love, family and the fight for survival in the face of danger."

I wasn't feeling the first 5 minutes or so but I ended up finding it a beautiful nightmare of a movie. Recommended for people that like David Lynch, Nicolas Refn, or Dario Argento movies.

Wonderful documentary. It celebrates the hidden art of editing, as well as the bright and colourful personality behind the cutting of each of your favourite movies. Go so it if anybody gets the chance to.

Nomis wrote:
July 24th, 2018, 5:17 am
It's a pretty damn good film indeed, highly recommended

Armand, Vader, MV, Ruth, m4, C8, Cil: y'all seen it already?
Not I. But I thought Cole was pretty good in Green Room.