Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the premise is neat. I like the idea of techno-religious horror in general, and there's images and sequences that are terrific.

-Vader

Yeah the premise is, but I thought most of the execution was lacking. I think he better fleshed out the premises of his other two films I mentioned. I don't why why that is, could be that he was more focused with those two?

The soundtrack's great for that film.

Vertigo

Yes, I just watched this for the first time. Still though...Loved it. Probably my favorite Hitchcock film I've seen.

First thing after it ended was "I can't wait for Nolan to own this genre" and then I saw the news...

Bacon wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 1:53 am
Vertigo

Yes, I just watched this for the first time. Still though...Loved it. Probably my favorite Hitchcock film I've seen.

First thing after it ended was "I can't wait for Nolan to own this genre" and then I saw the news...
Fake news that is.

so Yi Yi is one of the best movies ever for those of you who haven't seen it

very antonioni-esque style of seeing but has the tenderness of wenders or even von donnersmarck. somebody said its a whole movie of ozu's pillow shots and that's not far off either

its long but recommend it

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 4:13 am
so Yi Yi is one of the best movies ever for those of you who haven't seen it

very antonioni-esque style of seeing but has the tenderness of wenders or even von donnersmarck. somebody said its a whole movie of ozu's pillow shots and that's not far off either

its long but recommend it

-Vader
Another film that Issey Ogata steals for those Silence fans out there too.

A Brighter Summer Day is just as good btw - give that a go.

Sunset Boulevard (1950)

Gordon Cole just blew my mind.

honestly kind of sick of films dude, ya'll need to calm down there are better things in life like encouraging people to accept themselves

Cilogy wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 12:16 am
honestly kind of sick of films dude, ya'll need to calm down there are better things in life like encouraging people to accept themselves
It's good to take a break now and then and do other things tbh.

Last night I watched North By Northwest for the first time. I didn't like the ending much and in the last 20 minutes the film overstayed its welcome, but it was a great film though. Very good cold war movie.