Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ant-Man

Yiiiikes this is worse than I remember

Hotel Mumbai

One of the most intense films I have ever seen. I was on the edge of my seat.

The direction in that movie, particularly during the more silent scenes and the third act, is incredible. I really hope more people see it.

Angels Wear White: For my liking, this story went on a bit too long. Maybe if it had a bit of a faster pace that would've helped. The performances of the little girls were very good. It's intense material...

Hellboy (2019): Yo, wtf. Del Toro's films any day. A pity he never got to make Hellboy III.

Mid90's: Felt like a breath of fresh air. I loved the atmosphere, the performances (especially of Suljic) and the story. A stellar directing debut from Hill.

Velvet Buzzsaw: I get that this is satire but I thought it could've upped the ante when it came to that. Gyllenhaal and Russo though.

Pet Sematary

More like pet wow this movie sucks

Captain Marvel

I liked how different from other origin stories it felt, I was really afraid to see the same story once more. I loved the positive message of the film, I thought Brie Larson was quite good, it didn't feel like she nailed it the way Downey or Rudd did on their first try, but I am very curious to see how she builds the character over her next films.
On the negtive side, the directing didn't impress me, and the final battle just felt like playing on a computer.

Captain America: Civil War is so good and way better than it has any right to be.

Shazam

This was such a cute movie! The little girl who played Darla and the little boy who played Eugene were adorable!

Oku
Miss Bala (2019): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5941692/

Between The Mule (2018) and now this, apparently Mexican cartel movies are my Kryptonite.

I did have to suspend my disbelief heavily, but it was such a thrill ride that I didn't mind.

Passion of Joan of Arc

I give it a Please Leave Me Alone Now Solo/10