Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote: if it's any incentive it's genre is pretty ambiguous. if you asked someone on the street what they thought they prolly wouldnt call it a doc.
Ah that's interesting. I'm definitely interested in exploring more of Victor Erice.

Suicide Squad Extended Edition was concurrently worse and better. Better because there was more Robbie and worse because there was also more of that unbearably stinking shit that Leto calls acting. Funnily enough the only parts of his performance that might get a pass as non horrible are the times that he's ripping off Johnny Depp. But as a whole I was far less repulsed than my first viewing. The cringe inducing dialogue and Joker's occasional appearances don't overwhelm some of the neat ideas Ayer had to shape his characters. It remains as one of the most disappointing movies of the year, but there is enough of it, that works so I wouldn't feel terrible for watching it twice in one lifetime.£

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016) - 6.9
Deepwater Horizon (2016) - 8.1

Extract

This film is underrated as hell. Ben Affleck was hilarious in this and had great comedic timing.

i used my iphone to take a pic of my butthole cause i thought i had a hemorrhoid but i accidentally hit video. i showed it to lars von trier and he signed on as ep. y'all get to see it winter 2k18. turns out it was a purple skittle btw.

Nelson wrote:i used my iphone to take a pic of my butthole cause i thought i had a hemorrhoid but i accidentally hit video. i showed it to lars von trier and he signed on as ep. y'all get to see it winter 2k18. turns out it was a purple skittle btw.

nvm
Last edited by Cilogy on January 7th, 2017, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fences.

Cilogy wrote:
Nelson wrote:i used my iphone to take a pic of my butthole cause i thought i had a hemorrhoid but i accidentally hit video. i showed it to lars von trier and he signed on as ep. y'all get to see it winter 2k18. turns out it was a purple skittle btw.

nvm
what shit you talkin', princess?

Krampus (2015)

This was fun. Lots of cool practical effects, some of the jokes don't always land but it definitely has lots of creepy moments to make this one of the more memorable horror comedies. Question: why not have the grandmother talk about her past in German and have the boy explain it to the others? Or maybe she's just bilingual but chooses to talk in English on that occasion so that the others definitely understand what she's saying? The ending is actually quite cool.

Inferno (2016) - 6.6

Holy shit that's some phoned in performance from Jones. I swear I've seen that from her before.

Thank God for Hanks being as likeable as he is.