Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jared Harris, son of the Richard Harris (the first Dumbledore) would be a good choice, I think.

Skyab23 wrote:Jared Harris, son of the Richard Harris (the first Dumbledore) would be a good choice, I think.
too old

-Vader

Hardy. Could play older and is suitably odd and dangerous.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Hardy. Could play older and is suitably odd and dangerous.
oh god can you imagine what odd accent he'd have

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:Jared Harris, son of the Richard Harris (the first Dumbledore) would be a good choice, I think.
too old

-Vader
I THINK Dumbledore is in his mid 40s by 1926, and Harris is what, mid 50s? With a wig and beard, presumably covering most of his face, I don't see why his age would be an issue at all.

Skyab23 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
too old

-Vader
I THINK Dumbledore is in his mid 40s by 1926, and Harris is what, mid 50s? With a wig and beard, presumably covering most of his face, I don't see why his age would be an issue at all.
Yeah Dumbledore would be 45ish. But Harris (while a terrific actor that I'm nonetheless not convinced has the right delicate sensitivity and yet strength for the part) is indeed 55 or so, in movie years he looks 65+. Depp in movie years looks 40 something. Harris looks waaaay older than he actually is. I think they'd also want to give the impression of youth rather than age. I wonder if we'll have to wait until Movie 5 for Grindelwald to fight Dumbledore. Odd that I'm 99% positive we'll see what's supposedly the most epic duel in wizard history and it will be totally tangential to Newt as he won't be the one fighting. Hard to picture what the structure of this saga will be with a previously unknown pokemon trainer getting caught in a big dark wizard conflict.

-Vader

"Movie years" lol

Jared Harris looks his age to me.

Christian Bale for young Dumbledore!

Fass please.£

Master Virgo wrote:Fass please.£
One of the coldest actors going around.