Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What the fuck is that CGI with those cats ???

Wake me up when Yates is out of this franchise

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 7:47 pm
What the fuck is that CGI with those cats ???

Wake me up when Yates is out of this franchise
Sooo weird and out of place.

I must say, Law is nailing some of the more subtle aspects of Gambon's eccentricity as Dumbledore. And even Depp does not seem to be hamming it up; he looks pretty cool.

I remember not liking the first Fantastic Beasts trailers but the film was very entertaining and had heart. I'll see this in theater anyway, so skipping these new trailers.

Costume department is once again top notch.

BlairCo wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 8:46 am
I must say, Law is nailing some of the more subtle aspects of Gambon's eccentricity as Dumbledore. And even Depp does not seem to be hamming it up; he looks pretty cool.
Richard Harris was still the best Dumbledore though.

I also prefer Harris' performance. It so closely matched my vision of Dumbledore in the books and well, Harris was just fantastic.
However, I must say that Gambon didn't do a bad job. Not a bad job at all, it was just very different from Harris' and I can't really blame him. He had to make the character his own.

Looking forward to Law's performance. He seems like a perfect fit.

prince0gotham wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 5:54 pm
Well it looks more intense and i wanted that
My thoughts as well. The first movie was a little bit too slow at times, this seems to be quite different.

If nothing else, it will probably be a delight to watch the costume and production design, as well as Jude Law's performance. He's definitely a great pick for Dumbledore.

Feel like I'm gonna have to read the books again before this comes out (especially the last two), there's a lot about Grindelwald and Dumbledore's past that's not in the movies.

I hope they'll really flesh out the Dumbledore/Grindelwald dynamic well in this franchise. film spoilers:
I expected that in this film already but I heard they won't even share a single scene.

the apex of this franchise will surely be Dumbledore vs Grindelwald. It's going to take a while to get there.

-Vader

That also makes me question Newt's importance overall. It feels like Dumbledore and Grindelwald should've been the main character from the start... Or something like that.

I just don't see them making Newt a supporting character and Dumbledore and Grindelwald the leads.