Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I read the plot on Wikipedia and yup I agree. It's probably as bad as The Cursed Child.

Pratham wrote:
November 26th, 2018, 3:26 am
I read the plot on Wikipedia and yup I agree. It's probably as bad as The Cursed Child.
This baby won't be winning 9 Oscars.

Went into this with insanely low expectations mostly thanks to you guys, and honestly I had a good theatrical experience. Especially the score and production design were fantastic. As well as the performances pretty much all over. And the fact that we now get to dive into the backstory of Dumbledore, I think is fantastic. His character arch is no doubt the best in the franchise if you've read the final book. And I can't wait to learn more about his relationship with his family as well as Grindelwald.

But the movie is far from great. And there are some significant plot holes in the story as well as some weird (and almost lazy) writing choices by Rowling. No doubt she is the weakest link in the equation. And how they've dealt with the so-called Dumbledore/Grindelwald romance is straight out cowardly. Not sure if it's JK or WB that needs to grow a pair, but one of them seriously should.

can we talk about the two instance of rape now or

EDIT: I guess not but oh man it is pretty problematic

-Vader

Thoughts on JKR giving it
Sherlock Series 4 twist?

Vader182 wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 10:03 pm

-Vader
no i mean i was thinking when i saw the movie that if a man had written this it'd be eviscerated

i mean the female characters in this movie kinda really suck all around

Vader182 wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 10:03 pm

-Vader
You’re talking about Sherlock Holmes, right?

I just red a detailed synopsis (zero fucks given) for this and... w.t.f. I can't... J.K. needs to remember what made her epic run so memorable and sincere. And maybe take some script writing lessons along the way.🕷

J.K. Rowling was never that good of a writer tbh. I love the Harry Potter books for what they are (YA fantasy novels) but they are deeply flawed in a lot of respects. No surprise that she does not seem to be doing well with writing movie scripts.

Batfan175 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 6:25 pm
J.K. Rowling was never that good of a writer tbh. I love the Harry Potter books for what they are (YA fantasy novels) but they are deeply flawed in a lot of respects. No surprise that she does not seem to be doing well with writing movie scripts.
If you start looking at her wizarding world closely it starts to fall apart.

Just read this for a start: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Muggles%2 ... agic/Money