Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Must admit I'm more looking forward to characters interactions/performances and the way they portray the time period rather than the whole Upside Down and it's beasties ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm worried Season 3 is going to be 100% safe fan-service stuff after the backlash of S2 lost sister stuff which was the only really expansion of the world/mythology. Not to say it was good, it was awfully bad.

And to be perfectly honest, I'd completely forgot what happened in Season 2 which is not a good sign. And I'm in the middle of a rewatch and it really plays like S1 Redux.

This should have been a miniseries.

Season 2 is fine. Episodes 5 & 6 are as good as anything in Season 1. the last 2 episodes are solid too.

it's just badly structured, takes forever to get moving, and once momentum is built has the disastrous episode 7 which undercuts an otherwise really good final two episodes.

PS S3 reviews hit today and quite a few are saying its the show's best season or at least close to S1.

-Vader

It’s debuted to a 71 on metacritic, the lowest rating of the series.

remarkably, that does not contradict what i said

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 4:42 pm
remarkably, that does not contradict what i said

-Vader
I wasn’t trying to imply it did. Was just posting the score.

Almost here.

Marathon initiated.

I barely remember anything from Season 2, just remember disliking it. Hopefully this season is better, but I almost wonder if it would've worked best as a a mini-series.