Dexter (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So does everyone on here agree the third season is the worst? I have the last two episodes of season 3 to watch yet (so please use spoilers and don't ruin it for me!). But besides the reeeeeeeeally slow first half, I think I actually like season 3 better than season 2 (neither is as good as season 1 tho). Both have a character I can't stand (Lila and Miguel), but maybe I like season 2 less because my favorite character is Doakes...
:cry:

didich wrote:The storylines are completely divergent, but I think that the show is the superior version. It's also more realistic because [if you wanna read the third book without SPOILERS, don't look, if you don't care...]
In the third book is revealed that Dexter's dark passenger is actually an ancient demon driven by bloodlust. True story ;)
The next books ignore this fact because the idea had very poor reception, but it's still akward.
Ugh, yeah. Book 3 is easily the worst of the series thus far. :sick:

See, I think the books are superior. Totally different tone to the TV series - the black comedy is more obvious (in the books), and they seemed to have taken that out for the TV adap except for a few inner monologues every season :lol: .
kahern93 wrote:So does everyone on here agree the third season is the worst? I have the last two episodes of season 3 to watch yet (so please use spoilers and don't ruin it for me!). But besides the reeeeeeeeally slow first half, I think I actually like season 3 better than season 2 (neither is as good as season 1 tho). Both have a character I can't stand (Lila and Miguel), but maybe I like season 2 less because my favorite character is Doakes...
:cry:
I certainly think it's the worst, and Season 2 the best. Followed by 1, 4, 6 and 5, in that order. Won't say why because spoilers.

I've noticed that the show has cut down on the gore and dark humor since its first two seasons. Really disappointing.
didich wrote:The storylines are completely divergent, but I think that the show is the superior version. It's also more realistic because [if you wanna read the third book without SPOILERS, don't look, if you don't care...]
In the third book is revealed that Dexter's dark passenger is actually an ancient demon driven by bloodlust. True story ;)
The next books ignore this fact because the idea had very poor reception, but it's still akward.
Yeah, that's when I stopped reading the book. Cause that was just stupid as fuck.

Third season was with Jimmy Smits, correct? I cant remember but I think that is the season that I liked the least, I just didnt find it all that interesting. Really loved last season, the first season blew me away:-)

I saw all of seasons 1 and 2, saw the last few eps of season 6, and am watching season 3 atm.

Ino people are saying it's the worst season, and so far, It certainly isn't the best, but I still feel I must watch it and not skip it.

FirelordSylar wrote:I saw all of seasons 1 and 2, saw the last few eps of season 6, and am watching season 3 atm.

Ino people are saying it's the worst season, and so far, It certainly isn't the best, but I still feel I must watch it and not skip it.
Yeah, that's completely understandable. Personally I feel like if I start a series, I need to follow it through to the end. Which, in the case of Twilight, is a little unfortunate...

Queen of Hearts wrote:Third season was with Jimmy Smits, correct? I cant remember but I think that is the season that I liked the least, I just didnt find it all that interesting. Really loved last season, the first season blew me away:-)
It's kind hard to beat the brother of Dexter in the first one and then have Dexter as the main antagonist in the second one. So the third one was really disappointing after that, I think it was because there was no real threat to Dexter in terms on an antagonist.

Trinity killer was as good as the first two because he actually had a real threat towards Dexter, having a family and all that.

All the other seasons have been eh. 1, 2, and 4 are forever my favorites.

chee wrote:
Queen of Hearts wrote:Third season was with Jimmy Smits, correct? I cant remember but I think that is the season that I liked the least, I just didnt find it all that interesting. Really loved last season, the first season blew me away:-)
It's kind hard to beat the brother of Dexter in the first one and then have Dexter as the main antagonist in the second one. So the third one was really disappointing after that, I think it was because there was no real threat to Dexter in terms on an antagonist.

Trinity killer was as good as the first two because he actually had a real threat towards Dexter, having a family and all that.

All the other seasons have been eh. 1, 2, and 4 are forever my favorites.
Completely agree.
Season 4 is my favorite, after that 1 and 2.

What I saw of Season 6 I loved. Colin Hanks is a wonderful young actor(Still pissed The Good Guys got cancelled, show was great.) and the character was interesting. Trying to completely catch up before season 7 starts.

Also, while S3 does not live up to S1 & S2, it is far from bad television. Still better than half the crap that's on.